The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old May 17, 2011, 02:06 AM   #1
Nakanokalronin

Rear and front sight tool needed for Beretta 92A1 and Elite models

I need a sight tool to install and remove the dovetail sights on the 92A1 and Elite models. Every tool on Midway or Brownells seems to either not be made for the Beretta, is made for the rear only or has horrible reviews. I need a well made tool that will not mar the slide or destroy the sights. This needs to be able to be used with tritium sights as well. It would be a plus if it was a universal tool so I could use it on more than just my 92s.
Old May 17, 2011, 08:19 PM   #2
G. Freeman

Beretta sights are very difficult to remove. I'm not sure about the front sight, but the rear sight, if removed can damage the sight because the dovetail in the slide is somewhat staked in to prevent the rear sight from moving.

I recommend you post a question at the berettaforum.

Many years ago I sent my Beretta 85F to the beretta service center (a local gunshop) for a malfunctioning FP block. In order to replace the block, they had to remove the rear sight. The gun came back with the slide with numerous gouges and the rear sight basically gouged and banged up.
Old May 19, 2011, 12:37 AM   #3
Dafish

sight tool

Check this one out

http://www.youtube.com/user/p1choco?.../0/yrSzWus3EQM