The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 26, 2013, 09:10 PM   #1
steemer61

Used lc9 silver edition question.

A coworker of mine offered to sell his lc9 deluxe silver edition to me and he is asking $350.00. I know new it was around $425-$450. It has less than 100 rounds through it and the only imperfection on it is the usual minor wear on the chamber from the slide recoil when firing. Since this edition is limited to only 1500, I can't really find any information on a used model. Does anyone know if this is a good price or should he be asking more. Since this is my coworker and good friend I don't want to screw him over if he should be asking more. If it means he should ask more and someone else pays that price, all the better for him. I can always buy something different. Thank you in advance for your advise and thoughts.
Old January 27, 2013, 01:25 AM   #2
Yung.gunr

I never thought much of any so called special edition stuff. As far as collecting value goes, if it's been shot and has wear the collector value is shot as well. Additionally, when is a Ruger LC9 going to have any collector value?

If I were you I would pass on his and get a normal used one for $300. Shoot, I'd sell you mine for that if you were local.

If giving him the extra $50 means you feel better about your friendship then go for it. I don't do any special deals with friends anymore. A "friend" at work talked me down $30 on a red dot that he turned around and listed on BackPage for $30 over my original asking price. That clown was trying to make $60 on our "friendship". Then he wouldn't budge on a flashlight I was interested in. I stopped talking to him after that...
Old January 27, 2013, 08:44 AM   #3
Grant D

That's a fair price. If you want it, I say buy it.
Old January 27, 2013, 08:59 AM   #4
allaroundhunter

That is a fair price. Could he ask for a little more? Probably. Could you also find them selling for less? Definitely.

The fact that it is a "Silver Edition" might *slightly* increase its desirability to a select few people, but not enough to drastically affect the resale value.

Last edited by allaroundhunter; January 27, 2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old January 27, 2013, 09:07 AM   #5
breakingcontact

Could be a Talo edition.

Tags
fs lc9 , silver edition