The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old March 18, 2009, 01:26 PM   #51
JasonG

Try www.safepacker.com
I had something similar to sarry my pda in.
Carry on body not on bike, same issues as a briefcase/purse/folder holster.
As for being paranoid, have you been keeping up with the changes to the NPS (national park service) weapon laws?
After a few incidents culminating with a murder on the AP trail, CC is now legal if your state allows carry in state parks.
Apparently the guvmint is as paranoid as you are.
Member of the "Pants on = gun on" club. Now offering, for a limited time, free memberships !
"Bones, what killed him ?" "Acute lead poisoning Jim....." ST-TOS#61
Old March 18, 2009, 01:35 PM   #52
grymster2007

Quote:
I Dumped it 4 times last weekend
You must be a youngster. Us old guys try to keep the shiny side up.
Old March 18, 2009, 11:10 PM   #53
vox rationis

I love this whole "paranoia" sophistry. Society at large has been sold a bill of rotten goods by a bunch of befuddled lemmings. Mankind has been going out in the wilderness armed ever since the advent of the opposing thumb and a sophisticated enough brain to use it. It takes an especially "advanced" individual these days to convince himself that being essentially helpless constitutes a superior mindset.

Of course the concrete wilderness is often even more dangerous, giving the "cultural elites" amongst us even greater chances to demonstrate the trendy but confused notion that preparedness is paranoia.
Old March 22, 2009, 08:10 PM   #54
Old Wanderer

I am an old guy that still rides a lot. (Own 7 bikes) . I also own more than a few guns...Why would I want to own a hand gun and have a CCW if I did not use it.

Sort of like that old pilots saying...nothing more useless than the runway behind you...same with a gun when you need it and it is setting safe at home.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Italian Collection copy 2.jpg (95.8 KB, 13 views)
Old March 22, 2009, 08:16 PM   #55
MrNiceGuy

Quote:
Y'know, I find it's easier to just carry all the time, period. My crystal ball is in the shop.
MINE TOO!

those damned lazy repairmen, always taking forever fixing our crystal balls O_o
dont they know i'm in need of seeing the future NOW
i guess they figured i'd have already looked into the future and had seen my need, so i would already have a backup in waiting... but alas, even with my crystal ball, i just wasnt thinking that far ahead.

bottom line, carry.
i try not to shop, live, or visit places where i have to worry about defending myself, but if it were that simple, then nobody would ever carry unless looking for conflict.
Old March 22, 2009, 09:10 PM   #56
zonamo

Take a look at the Safepackers

I don't think the link in the post above works. Safepacker's are sold by Wilderness Tactical: Safepacker Holster .

I have been using one for a couple years now-it attaches well to a pack or a web belt for hiking. They also have an accessory that turns it into a running pack, but not sure I'd want it in small of back for jogging much less while off-road riding. You could probably come up with a way to strap it down for your purposes.

Here's a pic from the link

Old March 28, 2009, 05:13 PM   #57
BMSMA

Kawasaki all the way. (1979 Kawasaki KZ 400)

My opinion would be--you can't use what you don't have, if you have what you need you will be prepared.

Always remember think smart and act safe.