The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old September 18, 2009, 02:19 PM   #1
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Okie Pharmacist?

Anyone heard if and/or when the trial will commence? I want to follow it.
It is one worthy of court TV coverage but not sure if they are picking it up...
Brent
Old September 18, 2009, 02:51 PM   #2
Evan Thomas

Here ya go, Brent...
Judge sets date to consider televising trial

Last Update: 8/31 3:26 am
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Oklahoma County District Judge Tammy Bass-LeSure said Friday she will consider a motion to allow cameras in the courtroom during the murder trial of a pharmacist but not until after the man's preliminary hearing.

Oklahoma City television stations KWTV and KFOR and Tulsa station KOTV have asked for permission to have cameras in the courtroom. A letter in support of the motion from Oklahoma City station KOCO and OPUBCO - the parent company of The Oklahoman, the state's largest newspaper - was denied. But the judge is giving the two media outlets until Oct. 21 to enter a formal motion.

Bass-LeSure said she will not rule on the request until after the preliminary hearing for 57-year-old Jerome Ersland, which is set for Nov. 4. She did rule that the preliminary hearing won't be televised.

She said she will consider the request again on Nov. 5 if Ersland is ordered to face trial. Ersland's attorney has said his client does not object to having the trial televised.

Nothing about whether it would be picked up nationally, but it wouldn't be surprising. And I'm not surprised that Mr. Ersland has said he doesn't object to television coverage of the trial -- considering what a blabbermouth he seems to be, one could imagine he'd just love the attention...

And I see that the three surviving suspects in the robbery are also charged with first degree murder -- as they should be.
Old September 19, 2009, 02:38 AM   #3
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Thanks, Van...
Brent
Old September 19, 2009, 08:37 PM   #4
Shadi Khalil

Is he being represented by a public defender or private? I know he has allot of supporters and I thought I heard something about a legal fund.
Old September 19, 2009, 08:49 PM   #5
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

He was being represented by some local hotshot from the onset but if he were smart he would realize a public pretender could him better service
Brent
Old September 19, 2009, 11:47 PM   #6
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Guys, I've already deleted a couple of responses that were way off topic. I'm going to close this one until either the hearing, or other pertinent information surfaces.

Closed.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Closed Thread