The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old December 1, 2005, 01:52 PM   #26
MasterPieceArms.com

Quote:
After I finished the last post, I saw where he is actually in business for himself selling guns.
Hold the telefono, where did you get THAT idea? I've never said that I sell guns.

Quote:
I'll tell ya, I just got back home after spending two nights in a Red Cross Shelter inside a Church with about 125 other people (and their pets) during a blizzard. We were all tired, irritated, and unhappy, but not a single person was so rude as to assert that a comment was stupid. How unfortunate that a Junior Member with a grand total of 8 posts couldn't have been a little more polite.
Fremmer if you can't stand the heat then here's the door, go discuss something else. After all, my number of posts is sooooooo important, meaningful, and relevant.

cntryboy1289, thank you for not being thin skinned and easily offended like a few responders.
Old December 1, 2005, 02:07 PM   #27
Wildalaska

Quote:
After all, my number of posts is sooooooo important, meaningful, and relevant.

All righty then....Ill add that you use the name of a company that sells...ahem....shall we say ninja toys (thats OK i reckon, we all have ninja toys albiet most of them are a bit more practical), and start your posting life with thoughts about disabling safeties on UZis and Hi Point....

Thats also meaningful and relevant...than agian, why am I even feeding this

WildxboxAlaska
Old December 1, 2005, 03:02 PM   #28
MasterPieceArms.com

All righty then. Glad we understand each other.

I just realized (from spending time at my other thread, and the fact that I'm hungry) that if you took a hit off a bong, you'd be BakedAlaska

Quote:
Thats also meaningful and relevant...than agian, why am I even feeding this
Because I am a peeling scab you can't stop playing with.
Old December 1, 2005, 03:18 PM   #29
Wildalaska

Quote:
that if you took a hit off a bong, you'd be BakedAlaska
Not very original.

Quote:
Because I am a peeling scab you can't stop playing with.
You said it, not me.

Time for me to join the adults again

WildittrulylivesunderthebridgeAlaska
Old December 1, 2005, 03:49 PM   #30
MasterPieceArms.com

Quote:
WildittrulylivesunderthebridgeAlaska
Not very original is right pal.
Old December 1, 2005, 04:03 PM   #31
cntryboy1289

Well well

If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]s like a duck, then it must be a duck right. You come along and show us that isn't quite true. Most of the time, a man's company name is reserved to be used only by himself. If you aren't the man who owns Masterpiecearms.com, you are either an idiot that couldn't come up with a decent name like your own or a knickname like I do, or are just a simple crook.

Either way really doesn't offend me, but I just wish before you start showing someone the door around here on this post that you would have either been here offering good information for a long time or just keep your tone under control. We have gotten along pretty well for a long time and we all do our best to help any time we can. Now, with that said, either get along with folks and place nice, or the folks around here will be showing you to the door!
Old December 1, 2005, 04:23 PM   #32
MasterPieceArms.com

Thanks for the lecture, your above post was sure all class, and a fine example of "playing nice" You can tell a lot about a person when you try to give them a compliment and they respond with personal attacks. Why are you so bored cntryboy1289 that you sit and obsess and make assumptions about my username? You could have just asked me about it and I would have told you, you didn't need to go making up stories that I "sell guns" and "own the company." Ironic for someone lecturing me about "getting along." If your previous post is the best example of "getting along" you've got, do us all a favor take the mature path and just ignore me then.

What slays me is that cntryboy1289's basic message is that he has decided that I need to get back into "my place" because I'm not "tenured" I guess, and am not part of his elite group who have nearly a thousand posts. I've never been one to bow to that kind of elitism. If I'm a little too "uppity" for cntryboy1289's taste, well that's just a dern shame 'aint it.

Last edited by MasterPieceArms.com; December 1, 2005 at 05:17 PM.
Old December 1, 2005, 07:10 PM   #33
cntryboy1289

Well oh well

Did I touch a nerve there masterpiece. First off, after looking at the masterpeicearms.com web site, I assumed which we should all never do that you owned the company. I however did not make up a story about you nor have I said anything that isnt true intentionally. Like I said, I assumed you owned the company whos name you used as your sign in name.

Let's walk you down a path of history. You came on and made your original post. I replied in my original post that I wouldn't do it myself, but that I did realize that a lot of safeties aren't very good, but if you mess with them and have an accident, you will be held liable for the accident. That was a common sense reply that will hold up to scrutiny in a court of law each and every day.

Your comeback to that reply was not only sarcastic and rude, but you made it sound like I was an idiot. You also without realizing it, made light of a very good reply that a gunsmith that has forgotten more than you will ever know made to you and brushed it off like you were the end all to be all of gunsmithing knowledge and that his reply meant nothing as well. You have then went on to be as sarcastic and rude to folks, which is your right to do so, when you told Fremmer he could hit the door if he didn't like your answers as well. Then you bit off a chunk of WildAlaska's ass when you mouthed off to him. I simply replied to you that not only have you not been around here long enough to show the knowledge that you have and given it to folks both freely and without causing ill feelings, but that if you don't care to behave, the folks here would most likely step in and say something.

Now, if none of this makes sense to you and it makes you mad, then I am sorry to have made you mad. Part of my last post wasn't even directed toward you, but since you show your true colors and want to play the "yah yah" game, go play by yourself somewhere else. You certainly won't be missed since from the only time I have seen your name in a post was this very post and on your first time out you have managed to not only smart off to everyone that made a contray post to your original comments, but you choose to draw someone out into an argument. Now, I am not telling you to leave or to keep quite or to do anything other than just use some common courtesy to folks. If you don't agree with what is said, then be polite and not cause a ruckus. The internet is a great forum that is full of folks that want to blast someone when they don't agree with what they hear. Please just don't be like that.

You will find that I am one of the easiest persons in the world to get along with. Treat folks right and don't show your rearend, you and I will get along famously. However, if you choose to act the way you have been acting, folks around here and most anywhere else will chime in on you and let you know about it. I am cetainly not an elitist by any stretch of the imagination. Any one can come play in my court as long as they play nice and don't spit at the other players. You sir, have spit in way too many faces already to be bouncing up and getting your panties in a wad.

I have done my best to be polite and not waver from the point and certainly haven't dreamed up anything about you. I think the folks will see you for what you truely are. Have a good day sir, life is too short to waste anymore time on you.
Old December 2, 2005, 07:19 AM   #34
RsqVet

Hey Masterpiece arms may just be a small shop turining out their vershion of a Mac clone or something along those lones but if you are not them I'd be carefull of using their exact name / website as a user name esp. if you plan on getting folks pissed off --- any company that makes firearms has enough / knows where to get enough legal power to take a bite out of you bottom if they want to
Old December 2, 2005, 02:37 PM   #35
MasterPieceArms.com

Yea, you really "touched a nerve" countryboy, that's why you are the one who posts a long diatribe about me. I got one sentence in and did this , this :barf: , this , and mooooved on. Grow up will ya (I seem to remember telling you to ignore me. The fact that you just can't walk away is hilarious).

Anyway, since this thread is about disabling ill concieved "safeties," I'm going to spray for trolls and ask if anyone knows of other models of guns that have mag discon safeties that are semi easy to disable. I noticed the FN 5.7 appears to have one but looked a little too tough to defeat (it seemed to be actuated deep in the mag well as opposed to a small spring that could be removed.)

Needless to say, that HK squeezecocker would be my least likely gun to buy.

Since the liability (actually fear) issue has really been strong here, I'm curious if everyone has had their pre 1960s lever actions turned into paperclips or something because I had two fairly old 30-30s that had no button safety, no NOTHING. I took one out shooting and just shot it like I would any other gun. I guess I enjoyed the liberating feeling of just focusing on the actual SHOOTING and proper gun handling without so much as the possibility of an extra step to push a button, flip a switch, or squeeze something. Faith in oneself can be a nice break from all the pointless self pessimism most people display. Being in a position where you HAVE to have faith in yourself and proper principles of gun handling is a helluva confidence builder, not to mention fun.

A bunch of posters seem scared poopless about the mere concept of disabling some safety, and have endless "warnings" for me, but either they don't have any guns older than the 1980s or forget that there's untold millions of guns out there without so much as a transfer bar. If all the fear was justified, you'd see guys getting rid of their old safety-less guns in droves. I guess some of these scared posters just haven't seen what some older guys have in thier safes . I visualize some of these people flapping their hands like Jack from Will & Grace saying "Oh my God, Oh my God, it doesn't have a safety."
Old December 2, 2005, 02:51 PM   #36
spacemanspiff

sorry to hear that having to push a button or flip a switch intrudes on your focus while shooting. have you talked with your doctor about your apparent ADD?
Old December 2, 2005, 03:11 PM   #37
James K
Member In Memoriam

Convinced me. I just went out and disabled the brakes on my car, figuring that I am such a good driver I don't need stupid safety devices.

Jim
Old December 2, 2005, 04:12 PM   #38
Foxman

I seem to remember Kenny Roberts was asked if not being able to pressure his back brake due to leg injury had slowed him down when winning a race in europe. " hell no he said I dont really use them, the dang things just slow you down anyway" seeing were off topic and all!
Old December 2, 2005, 04:25 PM   #39
MasterPieceArms.com

Quote:
Convinced me. I just went out and disabled the brakes on my car, figuring that I am such a good driver I don't need stupid safety devices.
That's exactly the same as removing a magazine disconnect safety (government schools is great).

Quote:
sorry to hear that having to push a button or flip a switch intrudes on your focus while shooting.
Here spaceman this ought to be to your liking :

Old December 2, 2005, 05:10 PM   #40
Jammer Six

Quote:
And if you were't a safe driver before, driving around without brakes will make you safer.
Old December 3, 2005, 09:08 PM   #41
cntryboy1289

too much

Masterpiecearms man, you are simply too much for me to handle. If I could, let me give you a history lesson?

Safeties weren't much used when guns are first being made were they?

Why of course they were. If a gun is unloaded, it is safe. If you have a hammer that must be cocked to fire and it is let down, that's a safety as well. Most six guns of old had to be carried with only five shells loaded in it or an accident could happen if the hammer was bumped against a live round. This was a safety as well and most smart folks around realized it was necessary unless you were involved in a gun fight at the time.

Along came Mr. Winchester and he built repeating rifles that had safeties as well. If the lever wasn't closed, the gun wasn't suppose to fire just as if the hammer wasn't cocked and so on and so on. Then came Mr. Mossberg who invented a simple thing called the trasnfer bar. Guess what, it's a safety that changed the way revolvers performed and allowed for 6 rounds to be carried in the cylinder since the firing pin was moved to the frame and the hammer had to be cocked before the gun could fire.

You complained about your more recent guns having to many safeties. That is perfectly fine, just go buy an older modeled gun that isn't full of useless safeties, you just might ought to buy a gun that was built before 1870 though, because ever since then, most guns have one form of a safety involved with their operation. I don't see the need for a lot of the extra safeties that are forced on us, but they don't effect my shooting of the gun since it doesn't take a rocket scientist to shoot the gun. I do agree that the one where a key has to be put in a gun is just a wrongful death suit away when a bad guys kills a man because he couldn't get the key to work while under diress.

If a safety bothers you so much that you cannot shoot the gun, by all means go right ahead and render it useless. JUst follow some of the advise that you were given and fix them back if you ever decide to sell it or in case someone borrows it from you. We all love you man and just want you to be here for the long haul.

Have a great one man.
Old December 7, 2005, 11:59 PM   #42
SrtDog

Disabling gun safeties? Excellent idea.

Dont worry about those small things like...human error...accidents...curious kids (they get in your safe whether you know it or not ).

I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.
- General George Patton Jr

If you're going through hell, keep going.
- Winston Churchill
Old December 8, 2005, 07:45 PM   #43
Harry Bonar

safeties

Dear, Dear Shooters:
Do not disable safeties!
Harry B.