The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old November 18, 2012, 06:13 PM   #1
red96ta

Closer to POA

Back to the Pietta 1860...

Replaced nipples with Treso bronze....every cylinder fires now, but the TC capper is having a hard time getting caps on the new nipples. Anybody else run into this problem?

Took down the hammer nose to lower POI....still have a smidge more to go since it's still about four inches high...no biggie there.

Another thing I'm working on is moving the POI about four inches to the right. So that means carefully filing the right side of the rear 'V' notch, right? I'm thinking that filing the left side of the 'V' would move it further to the left, which I don't want.

Here's a pic showing POA and subsequent POI (all shots are from 45 feet)

Old November 18, 2012, 06:51 PM   #2
Roshi

Moving Sights

Yes you move the rear sight in the direction you want to go.

I use Trescos, SlixShot, and Track of Wolf stainless steel. I have not found a capper I like yet. I have two Ted Cash straight lines and a snail style. The older Ted Cash from about ten years ago seems to be the best but even it is troublesome.
Old November 19, 2012, 08:34 PM   #3
mykeal

...in the direction you want the POI to go
Old November 19, 2012, 11:45 PM   #4
Fingers McGee

I've used Ted Cash revolver cappers for more years than I care to count - I've actually worn one out. They have always worked for me on Colt style revolvers, ROAs, and Remingtons that have had the window opened up.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce