The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old July 14, 2014, 05:00 PM   #1
HungryHunter

AWA Peacemaker

Hi all. I just ran a quick search on these AWA Peacemakers. They seem to have both a love and hate following. I have a chance to score one in almost 100% condition, that feels great for $450. Any thoughts? Just so you know I don't sell or trade hardly at all so if I buy it I'm stuck with it. Thanks
Old July 14, 2014, 05:49 PM   #2
Colt46

rare as hens teeth

Are they still in production? Their website seems to be frozen in time. Have you checked it out a la the 'Jim March Revolver checkout'? That alone ought to tell you how well it's put together.
Old July 14, 2014, 06:00 PM   #3
Bob Wright

Is it "Peacemaker" or "Peacekeeper?"

I saw one recently in a local gun shop and it struck me as a very good copy of the Colt SAA, in fact maybe a little better fitted. And certainly a little better action.

What kind og grips does it have? From what I've been told, the black plastic grips are on the better guns. The wood grips are later manufacture and not so well fitted.

Bob Wright
Old July 14, 2014, 06:06 PM   #4
HungryHunter

Yes sir I checked it out just now for the first time(awesome btw thanks). Armi San Marcos? Are they related to AWA? He said avoid... It seems well put together and "feels" great. Timing seems good, everything seems tight and smooth. That being said I'm not a SAA expert by any stretch. I'm 99.99% sure they're no longer in production.
Old July 14, 2014, 06:10 PM   #5
HungryHunter

Sorry I just saw the other post. Apologies it's a peacekeeper, with black plastic grips. Yessir this one felt great. I'm not an expert but it was the first time I was fooled and thought I found a Colt.
Old July 14, 2014, 07:47 PM   #6
DPris
Member Emeritus

Long out of production, brought in by AWA, made at the old Armi San Marco facility in Italy.

Parts can be problematical, quality varied greatly.

The Peacekeeper was the "upper" level of two models, the lower-level offering was the Longhorn.

When they were good, they were good.
The rest of the time....

Denis
Old July 15, 2014, 08:30 PM   #7
royal barnes

As DPris said, when they were good they were good. I have owned 4. Two I purchased and the second pair were replacements for the first pair that had a multitude of problems. They weren't any better. I finally got a refund on the second pair after a lot of hassle. The owner at that time gave me the refund and stated,"I am refunding your purchase since it is obvious you cannot be satisfied". The refund came 2 years after the issues on the second set were brought to their attention. Looking good doesn't mean they are.