The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 23, 2013, 11:04 PM   #1
Hundy

Primers

Anyone know where I can find CCI primers. Looking for small pistol, large pistol and small pistol mag. I have been looking for a while now with no luck.

Thanks

Jay

Last edited by Hundy; February 23, 2013 at 11:33 PM.
Old February 24, 2013, 12:29 AM   #2
Lemmon

Welcome Hundy....I was in the Sportsman Warehouse this past week in Columbia, SC and the only primers I saw on the shelves were a box of Magnum Large Rifle primers. The isles were basically stripped. There were a few bullets (odd calibers) and a good selection of powders were available.

I went in looking for some 45acp and found they had moved them up to the service desk and were limited to one box per caliber. They did have a box of 50 JHP 230 gran 45acp ammo available for about $35.00. Never heard of that brand before. I mostly do reloading and it has been a while since I reloaded any 45acp. I have the components to reload but have been lazy.

Lemmon from rural South Carolina.......
Old February 24, 2013, 08:10 AM   #3
hodaka

My guess is a few more months of shortages until all the hoarders are loaded up or out of money. The best thing to do is request a notification from one of the on-line retailers and wait. I got 5000 small rifle primers ordered this weekend by doing that. Regular price.
Old February 24, 2013, 09:42 AM   #4
hooligan1

There is a fella here in Independence Mo. that had several cases of CCI Small Pistol, and Small Rifle, I bought his last thousand of CCI Large Rifle primers friday.... PM me and I'll give you his number.
Old February 24, 2013, 01:32 PM   #5
Hundy

Thank you

Thank you for your replies and imput. I got a text this morning, a good friend of mine is going out Victorville CA. Said he has found a supplier that has some (exact amount unknown) I told him to get me as much as he could and I would pay him for them. Keeping my fingers crossed. I really do hope things get back to normal soon. I really want to get some primers, so I can reload and go the range. I am scared to shoot what I currently have, due the fact I cannot replace it as fast as I used to. In the begining I thought it was just here (California) that had shortages. Scary to me, that extends to South Carolina and Missouri, and Texas.

Hoping things get better

Jay