The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old February 8, 2005, 05:10 PM   #1
1BadF350

Good sales at Dick's Sporting Goods

Hey guy's. I was at Dick's the other day. Most of their inventory was "Clearance" priced. $50-$150 off. I saw some good and even great deals. Just thought I'd pass it along. It was at the Dick's in Hagerstown, Md. Not sure about the rest of the USA but may be worth a check in your neck of the woods.
Old February 9, 2005, 09:17 AM   #2
Rojoe67

Thanks for the heads-up 350..........

Some deals at Gander Mtn. here in Michigan too.......
Old August 22, 2005, 06:30 PM   #3
muzzleblast525

Dicks

Dick's is going have to learn that although they are in Texas, that dosen't mean, "Everything is bigger in Texas." I was in there the other day and they were selling 40 pound bags of corn for $6.99. Usually goes between 2.99 and 3.50 in almost every store in this area. Oh, well....
Old August 27, 2005, 05:08 PM   #4
poortrader

Dick's might be getting out of the guns business. From my experience, Dick's tend to be anti-gun even thought they sell rifles. Also, the ammo is too expensive.

NRA Life Member
Old August 27, 2005, 07:40 PM   #5
Vitamin G

Around Pittsburgh Dick's has generally the same price as Wal-mart, even dipping below it when the Remington is on sale. It was difference enough that I got the Dick's scorecard, and occaisionally get an extra $10 off.
Old September 30, 2005, 12:10 AM   #6
Dead-Nuts-Zero

While searching for Dick's weekly sale flyer online, I found that they have two different outfits. One is Dicks online store and the other is the brick and morter stores.

I went online into their online web sales and found no shooting items other than paintball. I never did find a store ad or sale flyer for their stores.

Has anyone seen a store flyer online and do you have their web address for the flyers?

Also, they bought out Galyans sporting goods stores which I thought was a much better store than Dicks. They discounted everything in their Dicks store then moved into the Galyans store and took out all guns. I don't think they have any ammo either.

Both the Original Dicks as well as Galyans had guns and ammo before the merger. Galyans sold high end long guns & handguns. The old Dicks only had long guns on the lower end. And clerks who generally didn't care if they sold you a gun or not. Galyans was good price, much nicer and cleaner store with tons better service...Loosing Galyans is a HUGE disapointment ...IMO !!!
Old October 20, 2005, 11:40 AM   #7
1BadF350

Agreed!