The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 4, 2007, 12:06 PM   #1
chadwickz71

Looking for Experience/info on Holsters for NAA Guardian

Im wanting to buy a good holster for my Guardian 32acp that will clip or fit on my Cowboy boot. I wear boot cut jeans so Im pretty sure I can clip one on the Outside of my boot. Does anyone have any recomendations. Would I just basically need to buy a "inside the pants" or "outside the pants" holster like the ones on this site that has the clip on the side that I could either slip on my boot or hard mount it so the holster won't ever fall off. Any experience/info would be great. and also any good brands etc.

I could go with maybe a nice slim back pocket holster also when Im not wearing my boots but thats about my options. I can't have it in any other place with the clothes and job that I have.
Any back pocket holster info would also be great. I just hope its not to bulky.

thanks
everyone

By the way before everyone starts saying Hedley holster... I just looked at his site and he is NOT taking orders so I probably won't even look at those.
Old August 4, 2007, 07:51 PM   #2
j-framer

See below.

Last edited by j-framer; August 5, 2007 at 11:49 AM.
Old August 4, 2007, 07:56 PM   #3
j-framer

I don't know what the HECK is going on here--I paste text into the window, then hit the "Submit Reply" button and only half of it shows up as posted. I'll close down then retry.

Last edited by j-framer; August 6, 2007 at 08:28 PM.
Old August 4, 2007, 08:05 PM   #4
j-framer

Well, I guess you'll have to do without my input for now. I don't know what is wrong here, sorry. Won't allow me to post my original reply and I don't have time to retype the whole thing. It was rather long. My apologies, I'll try later.

P.S.: Can a mod. verify whether I have "duplicate posts" of a long reply here that somehow aren't showing up? A dialogue box popped up when I repeatedly tried to submit my original reply, saying that there were duplicates. But I sure didn't see even one of the originals up on the screen when I returned to the thread. Thanks.
Old August 5, 2007, 01:31 PM   #5
chadwickz71

well, thanks for getting my hopes all up. haha, no big deal but I would like to hear your input.
Old August 6, 2007, 08:29 PM   #6
j-framer

Sorry for the delay. I am PMing my response to you, because this bleeping program is still refusing to let me post it in its entirety. I would really like to know if it makes it through intact--it should have 4 paragraphs and occupy a full page of 12-pt. text in Microsoft Word. Let me know, because there are some links and other stuff there. If it does make it, can you then post it as a quote in your next reply to this thread (thereby thwarting the cyber-gremlins!), and maybe we can rejuvenate the thread and get some other responses to it. Here goes, I'm sending it now. Let me know (in this thread, not PM).
Old August 6, 2007, 08:53 PM   #7
j-framer

Ok, I just looked at my Sent Messages folder and it did the same thing on the PM as it did with the post. So plan B: let's just move on and pretend this never happened (whew)!

Here's what I was trying to say, abbreviated a good deal:

There are a few IWB holsters, but not that many. Go to NAA's accessories page: http://www.naaminis.com/guardacc.html. There is a Mitch Rosen and a Bell Charter Oak, both clip holsters. However, the method you described seems a tad insecure, not to mention that it shares the drawbacks of ankle carry with regard to accessibility. You yourself mentioned another option, one that seems to me to be far better.

Pocket carry is your friend here! The Guardian .32 should hide and carry wonderfully in a pocket. Put it in wallet holster (not sure of terminology here, what I mean is one of these http://seecamp.com/aker.htm holsters that have a piece of material in front of the gun to look like a wallet--it may not be an actual wallet holster in official jargon). Believe me, the Seecamp and its clones such as NAA are about as thin as you can get in pocket guns.

One other thing: Why back pocket and not front? Are both your front pockets currently occupied by non-displaceable items? Front pocket carry seems much better to me than rear for reasons of both comfort and security. Please mention your reasons, it would be nice to discuss them.
Old August 8, 2007, 01:11 PM   #8
nemesis

Holsters with spring clips are commonly IWB holsters and the clip locks the holster to the belt. What will the clip lock to on your boot? It may be only gravity keeping your gun and holster in place and I wouldn't be confident that it would stay there.

Galco does make their outstanding horsehide Front Pocket for the Guardian and the feedback from people using them is uniformly very good.

Old August 8, 2007, 01:23 PM   #9
rantingredneck

I don't know about holsters clipable to a boot. (I tend to dislike ankle and other out of the way holsters.)

I will say though, that Ron Graham makes some great pocket holsters for the NAA Guardian.

I ordered mine from Palehorseholsters.com. It is a riveted "cookie" model. Cost me 16.00 shipped and arrived at my door within a week of order. Couldn't be happier.

It's even embossed with the NAA logo

Old August 9, 2007, 07:49 PM   #10
chadwickz71

hey guys, thanks for the post. i haven't left ya'll

BTW j-framer i did reply to your pm. i guess you didn't get it.

Either way, I will post my response late tonight im in a big hurry right now.
Old August 9, 2007, 08:15 PM   #11
j-framer

Hi Chadwick,

I did get it, actually. Didn't mean to be rude by not replying, just been busy. Anyway, figure we may as well move everything back to the thread, since that horribly frustrating chapter of my life is over . Never did figure out what was going on there with my half-deleted posts.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts later.
Old August 9, 2007, 11:56 PM   #12
chadwickz71

like i was tellilng j-framer,

I do plan on physically attaching the holster to my boot by whatever means neccessary. I do agree that just clipping it on is not a smart idea,

Next, my only reason for back instead of front pocket is the weight of that Guardian. It is very small and yeah its not like a brick, but I just can't stand having a real noticable weight in my front pocket. Kind of like when you notice that you have 5 bucks worth of change in your pocket. Just annoys me i guess.

I figure if I can pull it off in my back pocket, the weight want bother me at all.

Maybe i'll get a back pocket holster with the flap that totally breaks the outline and just try it in the front pocket also.

With all this said, Gosh Hedley isn't even taking orders and Ron Grahams site says he is working on orders from Jan/Feb!!!!!

Im running out of options for manufactures I guess.
Old August 10, 2007, 10:21 AM   #13
j-framer

Take a look at this one (the Express 155):

http://www.akerleather.com/

The site says it is available for "most semi-autos". Who knows, they might make it for the Guardian .32. Might be worth a call to find out (if you're considering pocket carry rather than boot carry, that is).
Old August 10, 2007, 02:39 PM   #14
chadwickz71

well I called Aker....... They don't make the Express 155 anymore...$^%&

She said they just didn't sell enough....
Old August 10, 2007, 05:47 PM   #15
K-Man

chadwickz71:

There are a number of holster makers who make holsters for the NAA line of guns (ourselves included). You might try posting your question on the NAA forum, www.naaminis.com, and I believe you would get a number of suggestions.

U.S. Navy (Retired)

May we always have the freedom to pursue our dreams.
Old August 10, 2007, 09:19 PM   #16
j-framer

Well, one last shot--I just remembered these people:

http://www.pocketholsters.com/NAA_Po...t_holster.html

I have one, quality seems good.
Old August 10, 2007, 09:35 PM   #17
chadwickz71

Thanks for all the help.
Old August 11, 2007, 12:15 AM   #18
chadwickz71

Well I finally ended my quest for a holster.

I went with two K&D holsters.

One has the flap that totally breaks up the pattern of the gun in your pocket and the other is just a normal pocket holster that I plan on velcroing to a good spot in my truck where I can reach it real easy when I don't have it in my pocket.

Still going to buy a good one to mount on my Cowboy boots. The thing about it is, In my Opinion, its better to have a bunch of different setups to go along with everyday life. This way it will help you to want to have your firearm with you WHEN YOU NEED IT.
Old August 19, 2007, 10:16 AM   #19
NCHornet

I too own the Guardian 32 and I wear cowboy boots 90% of the time. The problem is the top of the boot doesn't fit tight against your leg, the weight of the holster will cause the top of the boot to lay over to the side. If you really want to carry in this location I would contact galco and see if they can make their fine ankle holster with a longer strap to mount on the upper calf. I wear mine in a nemisis pocket holster by DeSantis and it works awesome.