The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old January 4, 2012, 10:09 AM   #26
SwampYankee
Registration in progress

Unfortunately, I can't do a comparison on any of those items. If I put in "safariland speed loaders", I get 18 items. "Bore brushes" returns 678 items.

The search term, "RCBS .357 Carbide sizing die" returns one result. You need to be much more specific. It's gotta be apples to apples.
Old January 4, 2012, 01:19 PM   #27
Tuzo

Midway generally more expensive

In addition to charging two hazmat fees for a combined order of primer and powder from a single source, Midway's prices are a bit higher across the board than other retailers. The costlier the item the greater the price difference.

For example, RCBS Chargemaster:

Midway: $329.99 on sale reduced from $357.99
Midsouth: $289.95 regular price

My original gripe still bothers me. Ordering combined powder and primer from a single source should not result in two hazmat fees. The order is with Midway not from another supplier for such commonly ordered items. It may be understandable for some rarely ordered or scarce item but not for powder and primer.
Old March 13, 2012, 07:49 PM   #28
marklyftogt

Try Natchez
Old March 13, 2012, 08:10 PM   #29
sirgilligan

If you have an "in" with a local shop you can piggy back your order with theirs and reduce or even avoid the fee. I know one of my local stores offered me that deal.
Old March 14, 2012, 12:42 PM   #30
eastbank

why in the hell would you order 1000 primers and one pound of powder from any one? i drive 4 miles and buy LRP,s(32.00) and powder IMR 4350 for 24.00 a pound. their are 4 to 5 stores in a 10 mile radius. even if i didn,t live close to a store, i have friends who go to stores and gun shows who would buy for me with out chargeing more then the cost and i would do the same for them. eastbank.
Old March 15, 2012, 04:12 PM   #31
Bisquitlips

I experienced the same thing on the Haz fees and have to agree that their pricing is no where near a bargain. Very disappointed.

And if you live in MO they will of course add the tax on top of it all.
Old March 17, 2012, 09:51 AM   #32
Cascade1911

Quote:
The one significant advantage they do have is that they do almost literally have EVERYTHING.
Maybe it's just me but every time I put an order together for Midway it seems like half the stuff I want is out of stock. They may have "EVERYTHING" in their catalog and "EVERYTHING" on their site but they certainly don't have "EVERYTHING" in their warehouse. I almost always end up at Midsouth.
Old March 18, 2012, 06:42 AM   #33
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

I rarely have that experience. Typically, I can get better prices elsewhere but no one else has all my items in stock. If anyone does, it's MidWay. Sure, I've seen plenty of "out of stock" items on their site but it's GENERALLY stuff no one else has either.