The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 26, 2009, 10:16 AM   #1
Lavid2002

Why does this 20$ bushnell look better than my $300 SS?

I have a SS16x on my savage 12 and im having some serious trouble getting the crosshairs aligned properly. There always canted. Also, The scope always seems dark, as if its not aligned right. The ammount of eye releif seems minimal. On my leupold there is ALLOT of eye releif. Heck...even on my buddys 20$ bushnell there seems to be more eye releif than there is on this SS. Its a tack driver and you could bottom out the rings, count the clicks and re-set it to your same zero with no problem whatsoever. But this eye releif thing is killing me. Here are some problems I get when adjusting my scope.

*Eye releif seems to be minimal on this scope.
*When I look at the sky, and try to check for clarity on the reticle....Its always crystal clear. When I get to the range. Things start to fuzz up a little bit. I take 3 minute breaks looking at trees and stuff so my eye can adjust but everytime I snap back for a peek at the reticle it seems perfect. What can I do?
*I can NEVER get a reticle even. I dont really wana buy a, "level level level" Larry potterfield is an ass and I cant STAND midwayUSA. Worst customer service I have ever dealt with....Ever. How do you guys get your reticles level?

Thanks guys!

-Dave
Old March 28, 2009, 12:12 AM   #2
Lavid2002

no one?