The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 29, 2013, 08:16 PM   #1
cslinger

Helping a Friend / Her Dad's Collection For Sale Due To Death

I have some cursory info and pictures but here is the run down. We have a friend who's dad recently passed and left her several firearms. I have a general idea about what I would tell her to ask as far as fair prices. I would take some of the market fluctuations into consideration but I do not plan to advise her to sell at panic prices, I am looking for honest fair prices.

The list includes the following.

1-A (the horror) sporterized 1903 Springfield, with rings for scope, cut down stock etc.

2-A DSA SA58 FAL Looks to be in great shape

3-A true HK91 (Heckler and Koch not PTR etc.) Looks to be in fantastic shape

4-Mossburg 251C .22 (I am not familiar with these at all)

5-Austrian M95 (A lot of these were floating around some years ago)

6-Remington 11-87 premier with both shotgun bead barrel and rifled sight barrel. Looks to be an fantastic shape

7-Ruger Super Redhawk .44 in box with rings. Hard to tell from the picture but appears to be in very good shape if not almost new/unless the shadows I am seeing are imperfections

8-Smith and Wesson M28 Highway Patrolman. .357 Definitely some holster wear on the high points barrel end (unless the light is playing tricks) but in very nice condition otherwise. Aftermarket grips that I don't know the maker of.

9-Smith Model 19 .357 Has some wear and is wearing Pachmyer rubber grips.

10-What appears to be a Chinese SKS that has seen better days in the wood and finish. Looks about like what most of them look like these days.

11-YUGO SKS with Grenade Launcher etc. Looks to be in good condition overall

12-A Taurus 38 special (I cannot tell model from picks. Looks about J Frame sized, blued, hammer etc.

So I would appreciate some off the cuff "fair" ideas of what you think this woman could sell them for. Not looking to rape the market nor do I want to see this woman taken for a ride.

Thanks all.
Chris
Old January 29, 2013, 09:37 PM   #2
Technosavant

The easy way is to punch them into Gun Broker and see where auctions on those items are running.

The only one I can speak to directly is the Yugo SKS... with the grenade launcher, it's a 59/66, and if in great condition it can probably bring no less than $350... right now, maybe closer to $400.

The Chinese one will likely go for about the same price. While Chinese ones tend to be priced a bit higher than Yugos (they were a bit nicer), the wear likely knocks it back a bit.

The Taurus sounds like a model 85, but I'm not sure where a used one would price at... a new one would go for somewhere in the $400 range, so maybe lop a third off of that or so.
Old January 29, 2013, 11:57 PM   #3
kilimanjaro

The FAL should bring $2500, and the H&K 91 around $2750-3500, seriously. If you want to be pre-panic 'fair', then $2000 each for a quick sale. I've seen both at shows for $500 more than the first two prices noted.

The Steyr M95, $100-$125 for a short rifle, $200 for a long rifle.
Old January 30, 2013, 07:01 AM   #4
MarkDozier

S&W Mod 19. depending the YOM and a few other things 500-600, perhaps more.
If you can send me some pics at [email protected] I would like to help you find a fair value. And as it happens I am in the market for a S^W model 19.