The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old November 7, 2010, 01:16 PM   #1
kymasabe

Concerned about the future - how to prepare ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Primarily, I'm concerned about properly arming myself right now. Food stocks, money, water, training will all be discussed later. Right now I want to focus on arms. Currently, I have a mix of junk: a Walther P22 pistol, Ruger SR9c, old S&W .38sp revolver, a Ruger 10/22 scoped, an old Chinese Mosin and my Mossy 500 shotgun. I've never owned an AR but have had many AK's and Saiga's that I've converted myself in the garage. I'm comfortable with the AK platform.
What I'm considering: Keeping the 10/22 and the Moss500, selling everything else and buying a Glock19 and either a Kel-Tec Sub2000 9mm that takes Glock mags OR keep the 10/22, the moss500 and the Ruger SR9c, sell everything else and buy another AK.
If I go the Glock/Kel-Tec route, I have a single ammo and common mags, a small, foldable carbine accurate out to 100 yards.
If I go with my second choice, I still have a decent sidearm and I'm acurate with a basic AK out to 200 yards on man-sized silhouettes. 300 yards if I add Texas Weapon Systems rear peep sight.

Why preparation? Civil unrest perhaps. If all hell breaks out, I want to be able to defend my family easily, accurately, reliably. By the way, I hate Glocks, don't point naturally for me but I figure they're probably the most common handgun in America. If the world falls apart, you'll still be able to find GLock parts. Same with AK.
What if American economy collapses? What if China asks for debt repayment in form of land. What if current administration takes America further down a dark and dangerous path and an armed American citizenry decide that enoughs enough and take back our country. Someone once said America was 9 meals away from anarchy. Look at hurricane Katrina, police left, people dying in street, neighboorhoods arming and protecting one central home where they brought their food and sought shelter collectively. Things could get all pear-shaped here quickly and I just want to be prepared.

So, what say you all. What are some of your suggestions?
Old November 7, 2010, 01:31 PM   #2
Mike38

Quote:
So, what say you all.

I say that with in an hour this thread will be closed.
Old November 7, 2010, 01:42 PM   #3
kaylorinhi

I believe you are on the right track and should continue to slowly and methodically built up your SD/HD levels. I will not get into any exacts. To each his own. I choose a Rem 700 in .308, DPMS in 5.56, Mav88, and a Kimber STS UC II.
Old November 7, 2010, 01:53 PM   #4
therealdeal

I don't think the repayment in land to china thing will happen.lol. I have heard of people stocking up before and after gun laws/bans have expired and/or started. save what you got unless you really want to get rid of them.

my nephew said something to me which was sort of cool. I know it wont happen- sort of like the stimulus where every citizen gets a million dollars wouldve cost less-

1cent deficit tax on every purchase made by anyone(homeless man, president, or someone in between). it doesnt matter if its a pack of cigarettes or a 1-2thousand dollar revolver. that deficit would be paid off real quick. sorry, you made me think of my nephew.

like kaylor's advice: I took it step by step. we have two revolvers with two for homedefense and one for ccw also. we also have the homedefense shotgun and also a rifle which can be used for hunting and further shots across the property if needed(example only: dangerous animal such as threatening wildlife or a rabid dog)

"Abraham Lincoln freed all men, but Sam Colt made them all equal." (post Civil War slogan)
Old November 7, 2010, 01:54 PM   #5
pax

Forum Rules & Policies

Rule 5.

Closed.

pax
Closed Thread