The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old August 1, 2000, 05:21 PM   #1
BBBBill

George ( or anyone else), I've been doing S&W trigger jobs for years. Pretty much got it down to an art form. One problem that I have is finding a durable cutter/reamer/stone to clean up the inside of the rebound slide. I've found that getting rid of all the ridges & smoothing it really goes a long way toward making that extra special job perfect. Just have to buy a pot full of carbide burrs/dremel stones. They only seem to last one or two jobs. Have you found something that will hold up or do you even go in there?
Old August 2, 2000, 08:00 AM   #2
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

BBBBill, I forget the exact dimension, but several years ago I had a reamer made a couple of thousandths oversize just for this. You can usually get them through your local machinist's supply outfits. Not nearly as expensive as you might think and if you do very many of these you'll save money in the long run. George
Old August 2, 2000, 10:15 AM   #3
BBBBill

Thanks George. I'll check a rebound slide with a small hole gauge & see what I can find. Should have done that sooner. DUH! Just like to be frustrated, I guess.