Old May 3, 2011, 03:49 PM   #1
PanBaccha

Gun Safety

Clint Smith on Gun Safety

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uytP...tailpage#t=10s
Old May 3, 2011, 07:22 PM   #2
Pahoo

Excellent Video !!

Excellent video and I think that Cooper was the first one to explain them. These four rules is what we teach during our classes and even hand out cards with them listed on the back. The only priority and not exception, is that we trade places with rules #1 and 2. .....

Be Safe !!!
Old May 3, 2011, 08:10 PM   #3
Nnobby45

Very good. And so are those other Clint Smith Videos. Little quick mini courses.
Old May 10, 2011, 02:05 PM   #4
Eagle0711

Very well said. He is right, when this happens it reflects on all of us collectively.

A life style is what it must be. Each must be responsible for ourselves.

Every screw-up gives the anti- gunners more ammo.
Old May 11, 2011, 08:45 AM   #5
45Gunner

Oddly, such a well done video which is very educational and could apply to nearly everyone at this Forum has only a very few responses while something about zombie hedge hogs or other such foolishness will garnish beau coup responses.
NRA Life Member
Old May 11, 2011, 09:13 AM   #6
Shooter4Life

Great reminder of the most important part of firearm ownership. I see far too many people fail to follow these very simple rules. And too often get belittled for reminding them of their lapse of reason. Thanks for sharing PanBaccha.
Old May 11, 2011, 10:00 AM   #7
Pahoo

We should live what we teach !!

During our Hunter Safety classes, The students arrive with the anticipation of learning how to load and shoot an M/L. They have already heard the blasts as we like to make a lot of smoke and noise. ......

However, our #1 priority is teaching these four fundamental rules and apply them during the rest of the class. We challenge the students to monitor and grade us on adhering to these rules. We also ask them to do the same at the other stations. There have been times when some of the other instructors have gotten ticked off when a student has commented on their safety violations..

Again, we live what we teach, at our station. As an example, when we load one of our M/L's, we ask the students where our muzzle is pointed. We also ask them to identify the target and backstop for the shooting portion. Not a problem. ....

In parting our station, we hand them a card, listing the four basic safety rules.

Be Safe !!!
Old May 14, 2011, 10:03 AM   #8
bikerbill

Never can be repeated too often ... if you don't touch the trigger, the gun won't go off ... if you like "playing" with guns, get a toy gun ... problem solved ... worth remembering that every time one of these idiots blows somebody away -- or themselves -- the anti-gunners have a field day ... see, if nobody had guns, these people would still be alive ... how do you get over killing your wife or child because you're an idiot?
Old May 14, 2011, 11:07 AM   #9
C0untZer0

Famous last words

Quote:
And see... dis is a unloaded gun.

Dis a Glock 40

I'm da only one in dis room who's professional enough dat I know of, to carry da Glock 40.

I'm da only BLAM ! - Lee Paige former DEA officer.

Last edited by C0untZer0; May 14, 2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old May 14, 2011, 04:07 PM   #10
retiredcoasty

Gunner, that happens because firearm safety is ‘boring’ while zombies are somehow cool. I can’t figure it out, either.

Zero, I have seen that video a few times. If it wasn’t so darn dangerous, it would have bee funny.