The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 22, 2009, 01:50 AM   #1
Ninth and Plum

RCBS UPM Micrometer Adustment Screw

Well I finally bought a micrometer adjustment screw for my uniflow powder measure but am wondering if I got the wrong one. I ordered the small one and can't seem to get it to work correctly. The directions that it comes with were not very helpful and after messing around with it for a while decided to post the question here. Do both the small and the large work for all uniflow powder measures? The head of the standard screw it came with was alot larger than the one I ordered. If anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong and how to correct the problem that would be great or at least let me know if I need to send the one back and get the large one, thanks for any help you can give me.
Old May 22, 2009, 04:13 AM   #2
Randy 1911

The micrometers are rotor specific. You need a large rotor for the large micrometer and a small one for the small screw. If you have the small micrometer call RCBS and ask for small rotor. They sent me one for free.The small one is for pistol and the large one is for rifle.

The way it works is you set the measure to the powder charge you want. Then record the number. When you want to go back to charge, just dial in the number. It may not be exact, but it be very close.
Old May 22, 2009, 09:20 AM   #3
F. Guffey

and if the standard adjuster for the uniflow had threads and the reloader had a dial cliper or depth gage the settings would be repeatable if the reloader recorded the powder and length of the adjuster (in thousands) from the drum.

F. Guffey