The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 10, 2011, 10:25 PM   #1
dds115

Range Backpack

All -

I'm looking for a good backpack to take to the range. I can't find one that is specific for guns. I'd like it with padded dividers for a couple guns. Are these even made? I can't find one anywhere. I'm tired of my arm being ripped off because I bring a few guns and 500 rounds to the range lol. Thanks!
Old April 11, 2011, 09:34 AM   #2
BarryLee

The recent NRA Store catalog had one in it, so you might check their WEB site.

http://www.nrastore.com/nra/Product....tid=SA%2020027
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman

Last edited by BarryLee; April 11, 2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old April 11, 2011, 01:03 PM   #3
LordTio3

I carry this UAG Tactical Messenger Bag to the range. It fits ammo and pistol boxes, food, water, and all the miscellaneous just fine. They can be found on Cheaper Than Dirt for $30.

UTG also makes this larger backpack large enough for targets, pistol boxes, accessories, and the kitchen sink for $65 and can be found in the same location.

Hope this helps.

~LT
Old April 11, 2011, 01:05 PM   #4
LordTio3

Or you could always just ask Simon Pegg which brand he uses...

~LT
Old April 11, 2011, 03:24 PM   #5
Vt.birdhunter

Check this one out, I have 2 now. Only $30:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/diplomat...backpack1.html

Built to handle a a solid range load, I got a second as a bug-out bag. Much heavier material than even my North Face,Gregory and Dana Design backpacks.
Old April 11, 2011, 03:30 PM   #6
SPEMack618

My range bag

http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/...yavapai_3.html

It's kinda pricey, my aunt actually bought me mine for a birthday present, but the thing I like best about mine is that I can take it to and from the range and nobody would even notice it was a range bag.

And on a further note, this is more me centric, at the range, it isn't an immediate indication of my military service, so it helps keeps some of the arm chair commandoes at bay.

Plus, it has a pleathora of straps and tie down points, so I hang almost as much crap off of it as I did with my old ALICE pack.
Old May 5, 2011, 04:32 PM   #7
dds115

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I actually found one at Best Buy that I really like. It is a laptop bag, so it has some thick padding to protect the laptop (or guns in this case.) It is made my Swiss (Army?), and it was like $80. Perfect for what I was looking for.