The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old December 2, 2012, 10:21 PM   #1
Iron Man

Griswold range report

Well gang, I took my Navy Arms Griswold .44 to the range yesterday. I was using 20 grains of Pyrodex PPP with .454 balls and #10 caps. It was amazing! I had several cartrige pistols with me and the Griswold may now be my favorite gun. Sights aren't exactly right, but after I learned point of impact I was able to shoot more accurately with it than anything else. At 75' off-hand I could keep every shot within a 7" circle. It takes a lot longer to load, of course, but every shot seemed more satisfying than the last.

Last edited by Iron Man; December 2, 2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old December 2, 2012, 10:49 PM   #2
Beagle333

'Gotta love the smoke!

It is a lot of fun, that's for sure.
And that's some pretty good shootin'! I'm pretty happy if I can get 5 of mine on the bottom of a Coke can at 21'.
Old December 2, 2012, 10:50 PM   #3
IDAHOMIKE

The cap n ball revolver may just be the most addicting handgun on the planet. Sounds like you have yours working well too.
Old December 4, 2012, 07:45 AM   #4
Doc Hoy

IM....

Yes...A good range report, even a report on a bad day at the range (although yours appears to have been quite successful) is always refreshing to read.

I personally never shoot with anyone else present and so reading of the experiences of others, calls my attention to mistakes I am making, standards I should be trying to achieve, and validation of good practices I stumble upon.

Thanks for the words and kep them coming.