The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 15, 2012, 06:53 PM   #1
sauer_apples

EOTech Integrated Fore-end!!!

This thing looks freaking awesome! If you have used this thing tell me about it because it looks so "practical-tactical". I think it's worth the $229 I spotted it for on botach. I can't think of many hang ups with the EOTech over magazine mounted rails or barrel mounted rails just switch position. Oh, and a pressure switch on a shot gun would be very nice, any room clearing drill I've ran with the picatinny mounted flashlight have been tricky. I mean fumbling for standard button on the bottom of the flashlight in complete darkness under stress can waste precious time. If there are better money to practicality ratio products out there then please let me know! (PHOTOS ARE FROM BOTACHTACTICAL.COM)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg botach_2224_1225086540.jpg (196.2 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg botach_2224_1223530668.jpg (59.2 KB, 41 views)
Old August 15, 2012, 07:03 PM   #2
allaroundhunter

I have used Surefire's lighted for end before, and I have really liked it. With Surefire's reputation for making flashlights, it would be hard to go with the Eotech.

Sent from my HTC One X
Old August 15, 2012, 07:53 PM   #3
Creeper

EOTech and Insight Technologies are now both under the same corporate blanket... L-3 Warrior Systems Division. So, you'll see numerous Insight products on the EOTech website.

C
Old August 16, 2012, 12:59 AM   #4
TheKlawMan

1. My HD plan is to leave room clearing to the professionals and hold a safe position until they arrive. Do you really think you should get into room clearing?

2. How easy is it to accidentally activate the light and prematurely telegraph your position?
Old August 16, 2012, 04:16 AM   #5
Rich_73

They sell the Insight version already mounted on the shotgun (a Mossberg 500) called the "Persuader" at Academy Sports for 430.00:

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...hotgun&Ntk=All
Old August 16, 2012, 07:53 AM   #6
Mrgunsngear

Quote:
1. My HD plan is to leave room clearing to the professionals and hold a safe position until they arrive. Do you really think you should get into room clearing?
Nope! Even with a trained group of guys in a stack going through that door is still called the 'fatal funnel' for a reason. Buy yourself---good luck!

Unless you have to go looking for family members I see no reason to do anything besides look for cover/concealment, orient your weapon on the rooms entryways, and call the police.
Old August 17, 2012, 12:46 PM   #7
FrosSsT

As others have posted already I would not clear rooms unless it was absolutely necessary.When you want to find something in the dark you use a flashlight- when you want to stay hidden you dont.

Tags
eotech , fore-end , integrated , light , tactical