The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old March 4, 2013, 03:17 PM   #1
Iron Man

Gun Show Trade

I was at my local gun show this weekend. I took along a remanufactured SIG P226 to possibly sell. Walked around for a while and a guy offered a trade. His gun + $50.00 for my SIG. Out he pops a gorgeous 9.5" Ruger Super Redhawk in .44 magnum. He said he shot if five times and it was too much for him.

It came home with me.
Old March 4, 2013, 03:47 PM   #2
RonR6

Trades are always nice, you don't have to put up a lot of cash and you end up with a new toy. Show us a pic of it
Old March 4, 2013, 03:56 PM   #3
22-rimfire

Many don't like the 9.5" SRH's. They are big revolvers. But I personally think you did okay assuming you want the SRH.
Old March 4, 2013, 04:07 PM   #4
Iron Man

The SRH rounds out a nice group of .44 magnums I have (629 classic, Anaconda, Super Blackhawk). It's the only one with a scope.

Revolvers are dead sexy.

Last edited by Iron Man; March 4, 2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old March 4, 2013, 05:00 PM   #5
BigD_in_FL

You got that AND $50? Where ARE these shows where it seems these great deals abound? - not around me for sure
Old March 5, 2013, 06:03 AM   #6
Chris Van

As a kid I can remember my dad having a Ruger 44 that was the coolest gun I had ever seen. I don't remember what model it was, I was about 12-15 when he had that one but I wanna say it had like an 8" barrell on it, stainless with pachmyer grips. I even bought him a Pro Point scope for Christmas with my own money.
Oh yeah, I worked at a local gun shop from about 15-17 so that helped.
I think the pro point scopes had just came out. (This was in the late 80's ya know) I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with that gun back then but it sure was cool to tell my buddies about shooting it...LOL
Sorry for rambling on in your thread but I've always felt that if I ran across the right deal I would have one of these myself one day. And it looks like you ran across the right deal.