The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old December 18, 2008, 08:33 PM   #1
johnwilliamson062

C&R oddity

say I have a yugo SKS that was purchased and placed in a synthetic stock before I had a C&R. Now I want to sell it. It is no longer a C&R gun, so I guess it does not need to go in the book. I will put it in anyways, but I guess it would not have to.
Old December 18, 2008, 08:42 PM   #2
Tom2

I may be wrong but when I had the license, I had C&R guns in a different category than the ones I bought straight out with regular paperwork, or FTF. I logged in the C&R guns, therefore I had to log out the couple that I ever sold to individuals. Otherwise, I treated the other guns like I was a regular owner in that case. STill good to keep/ get receipts for private sales of anything that is in your name, somewhere. There was no connection between my private guns and the curios, I was not a retail dealer or anything, obviously, so if you don't have the guns in your log, they are not of the same interest IMO as you did not use your special status to get them.
Old December 18, 2008, 08:51 PM   #3
Hkmp5sd

Quote:
It is no longer a C&R gun,
As the SKS is no longer in its origninal military configuration, as stated, it is no longer a C&R firearm and does not have to be entered into your bound book.

Quote:
I was not a retail dealer or anything, obviously, so if you don't have the guns in your log, they are not of the same interest IMO as you did not use your special status to get them.
Regarding C&R firearms, you are not required to enter C&R guns into your bound book if you owned them prior to obtaining your license, however, if you dispose of a previously owned C&R while you have a license, it must be entered into your bound book and then transferred.

In this case, the previously owned SKS was converted in a "modern" rifle and therefore does not require being logged.