The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old February 14, 2009, 05:47 PM   #26
Frenchy

Northing's been done because he eventually delivers the holsters. He just doesn't do it in a timely fashion.
Old February 15, 2009, 08:59 PM   #27
mcthacker

Some things seem to stay the same

I found this thread about 2 months ago when I started having problems with WB. But, I'm patient so I let things go until now.

I bought several "In Stock" items from Bill at the Dulles Expo gun show in November of 2008. One of the items, a double magazine pouch is the issue. He had one out which I tried and liked so when I told him I wanted it he grabbed another off his rack. When I got home I took it out and saw that one of the snaps was broken. I thought about going back to the show but it was close to closing. So I called the number on his card, left a message for him. Never heard back.

About two weeks later I called again and spoke to a guy who said they had a problem with the snap vendor to send it back they would replace it. I did.

A month later I called and they said they received damaged one back it would ship out "the next week". I am reading this is a common response. January came and went..no magazine pouch. Left several messages, emails, no response.

I give people the benefit of the doubt. You have to show me you are not trustworthy. So probably going to be out $60 plus shipping. But, I am still going to contact the gun show and let them know of my experience.
Old February 19, 2009, 02:40 PM   #28
Captainjack

It's here

Finaly got in touch with Wild Bills and was told they were backed up, they were sorry and they would overnight it to me. Low and behold the next day I got a package from them, Holster and belt but, no mag pouch. Called back, they awnsered, they promised it would be overnighted to me. Quality is good, belt bled all over my jeans though.
Old March 9, 2009, 08:59 AM   #29
cjrowe

Wild Bill is a crook

I should have checked the forum before I placed my order with Wild Bill, as it would have saved me a lot of time and money. Bill has done it again. This time he has taken my credit card information and triple charged it, once on 11/4/08 and again on 11/12/08. I received my order in mid-December, but it was only half of the product. I emailed him immediately, and he said he would fix the charge and ship complete within a week. Needless to say, it is now March, and after about a dozen emails to him with no response, I have come to the conclusion he is simply a thief. I have reported him to the BBB and am contacting VISA to report his apparently common frauds (based on the prior postings on this site). I am also going to go to the attorney general's office of NC and see what they can do.

I STRONGLY urge anyone out there to NEVER use WILD BILL again. He is a proven crook.
Old April 15, 2010, 08:35 PM   #30
The Battling Bard

Guess time changes things

I ordered gear from Wild Bill's on the recommendation of a friend. Then I saw this sight and freaked out. Here is my story...I ordered two holsters, a belt and a mag pouch on April 7, 2010. I was charged on April 12, 2010. Lo and behold on April 15th ALL of my gear arrived in superb shape and is extremely well constructed. I am sorry others had problems but maybe now he has hired more people and has his problems sorted out. Hope others have this good an experience because from my inspection this is quality gear and should last.
God bless the USA.
Old February 27, 2012, 11:20 PM   #31
bimmerland

Wild Bill's great holsters

Picked up a paddle holster this past weekend at the C&E show. Got a well made top quality holster for my CZ75B right off the rack. Fit and finish top notch. Would buy from them again.
Old June 2, 2012, 08:29 AM   #32
ltmcleoed

I found this thread unitentionally when I was looking for Wild Bills website. I bought two leather paddle holsters from him at the gun show in Charlotte a couple months ago. Awesome product but after reading this thread I dont think I will be ordering one from him online. Hopefully he will be at the next gun show because I would love to get another paddle holster for my 1911.
Old June 22, 2012, 05:30 PM   #33
ak40

wbc

i bough a holster from wbc at the april gun show in fayetteville and got it on 6/19/12 like doug said i would nice holster for springfield 40 xdm 3.8 bl L/H
Old July 1, 2013, 09:33 AM   #34
EastofTexas

Good gear but I don't know about ordering

I have never ordered anything from Wild Bill's shop but have a holster (fusion paddle) for a P220 I bought at a Raleigh NC gun shop more than 5-years ago. I have been very happy with the holster. It conceals the SIG pretty well and I carried it recently under a silk shirt (Hawaiian style but no flowers) while visiting my son (who also has a carry permit). At the end of the day, I comment that I was carrying the SIG and he replied that he hadn't noticed.

Anyway, I needed some new holsters and after looking at some options decided to look at Wild Bill's site. Noticed that there was a gun show in my town this weekend. I had never attended a gun show but went just to buy holsters. I almost didn't find their table but finally spotted them. I picked up a paddle fusion for a Dan Wesson CCO, a scarab for a Glock 19/23, and a slide for a Kahr 40. Also purchased a double mag pouch for the Glocks.

Anyway, I think Wild Bill's leather is an excellent buy. The young woman who waited on me was very nice. I didn't ask her about the bad rep on the web but did ask about the shop. They now have five people working and they did have lots of inventory.

My experience with buying holsters is that most of the time you wait. I ordered a Milt Sparks summertime special back in the 80's for a Colt Officer's model and waited many weeks. (This was so long ago that Milt Sparks answer the phone himself and chatted with me for a while.)

I recently ordered holsters from Alabama Holsters and waited 4-months. I have an order out for two custom Kydex holsters and it is going to take close to a year. I haven't even received an email from that maker but trust him based on previous experience and his excellent reputation.

I am not trying to argue that Wild Bill's is a place you should order from but if you are in NC or VA, I would check his stuff out at gun shows and his products are also being sold at more stores in NC.

I have a Kramer belt and am getting ready to order a Kramer horsehide scarab for a full sized 1911. I will post some observations about the quality of WB's work compared to Kramer.

I have lots of holsters as most people do and do think that if you can buy Bill's stuff face to face, it is a bargain.
Old July 4, 2013, 11:04 AM   #35
Sher Khan

Time marches on, things change.... Dunno if the views in the posts from 2006 are still valid. I've purchased several holsters, and several belts, from Wild Bill -- all at the Chantilly VA gun show, and most within the past four years -- and I like their fit and quality. When I needed a belt shortened after losing a lot of weight I took it in to them and they handled it promptly for me. I will continue to patronize Wild Bill, and recommend their products to friends.