The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 14, 2012, 11:13 PM   #1
Rawhyde

Good service from Kirkpatrick leather

I'd ogled all sorts of holsters for my S&W 1911 and finally settled on Kirkpatrick. The holster is very nice (not that I have much experience to compare it against) but the service was exceptional.

Some time ago, I ordered a TSS holster and mag pouch online on the weekend. Monday early there was an email that not all of the items were in stock. About an hour later, I got a call from them! They were out of the mag pouch I'd ordered, but had a shorter version. I could switch and they'd ship right away. I indicated I preferred the longer version and didn't mind the wait.

Then three days later, I get an email that the order has shipped. Hmmm. I wonder if they misunderstood and shipped the short one?

Nope. In just over a week (including shipping time!) my holster and mag pouch had arrived, were the correct parts, and look mighty fine.

Kind regards

Mike