The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 18, 2000, 08:36 PM   #1
ganderlander

thinking of purchasing either a Winchester Super-X 2 or a browning gold anyone have any experience with either ?
Old November 19, 2000, 08:33 AM   #2
PJR

Haven't tried the Super-X but did spend an afternoon with a Browning Gold. The Gold was reliable but seemed a little clunky compared to a Beretta 390 we were also shooting. The Browning was very soft shooting which is attributable to the weight. We were shooting heavy loads that day so I don't know how the Browning will do with light loads. I know that the Beretta handles everything.

Your best bet would be to try both guns or at least spend a couple of minutes mounting and swinging them.

Like I said, I have no experience with the Super-X but the people who have the earlier models seem to regard them with the same reverance as the Model 12. Whether this loyalty carries over to the new model remains to be seen.