The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old June 3, 2005, 10:16 PM   #1
Little Wolf

Best New Hampshire Firearm Ranges?

I am just curious, what are the best firearms ranges in NH that are 30 min or less from the following locations,

Manchester

Nashua

Merrimack/Milford

My criteria for a "good" range includes an outdoor rifle range at least 100 yards long (the longer the better). Reasonable membership dues, decent rules (no range nazis that won't allow you to keep >5 round mags chambered in your gun. Not overcrowded, I like peace and quiet when I go to shoot, don't like having to wait on too many members also shooting at once. And a friendly and supportive membership community. I am planning to move to one of those three places in NH, and the area with the range that best meets all of my criteria may be the deciding factor.

Bonus: What are the best gun shops in the areas? Best in terms of price and selection.

I appreciate any help you may be able to give me, thank you.
Old June 4, 2005, 04:47 AM   #2
Ex-MA Hole

Range: Pioneer In Dunbarton. Although I hear that they are not allowing new members at this time. PM me, and I'll take you, if you want. We have a group from the High Road that goes together (tomorrow, as a matter of fact)

Shops: Lewis Arms in Bow is real good. So is Marshal Firearms in Dunbarton. Rileys in Hooksett has a good selection, but the people that work there are not the most helpful/ friendliest chaps in the world.
Old June 5, 2005, 08:59 AM   #3
N.H. Yankee

Ex_MA hole welcome to N.H. lol. there is Kinnicum also which I think is in Candia. There ia also New Boston sports, Alstead gunshop a little further out but a good place. Stay away from the sportsmen den in Amherst the guy is a TOTAL A-HOLE, known for quoting one price then when the gun arrives its more money. This guy has done more to give gunshops a negative image, Sarah Brady should be sending him thankyou cards. I agree Rileys has changed since Dick Riley had it and I think its because owners are not as present as they should be. I like Ralph, Ron and Denver but they have one idiot working there (Big Guy always wears a hat) who thinks he's Macho Man from the village people, never smiles, loves to argue and insult people. I stopped going to Rileys a few years ago because of this idiot as have many others and now go to New Boston sports, Lewis Arms and Alstead. Another great shop with very good prices is Village gunshop or gunstore not sure which one but it is in Whitefield N.H., its up north but when in the area I always stop in, nice people, and good selection, but not open on Sundays, also Coreys gunshop is just a few miles away in Littleton so it makes the ride worth while.

Last edited by N.H. Yankee; June 6, 2005 at 08:44 AM.
Old June 5, 2005, 10:20 AM   #4
zzirg

lots of luck to you, i used to live in Derry newhampshire which is about 7 miles east of manchester i couldnt find anywhere to shoot at that time , if i was to move back i would check the windham or salem nh areas they are both east of derry by a few miles.
Old June 6, 2005, 12:56 PM   #5
mikesolt

moving to NH

Good luck on finding property in the Salen, NH area. Price of Real Estate is every so rising daily, if not hourly. A start home starts at a mere 200,000

mike.

p.s. i have relatives that just moved there so thats how i heard about their prices.
Old June 7, 2005, 07:31 AM   #6
N.H. Yankee

I know this is off topic but also check the property taxesd as they vary town to town and are really $$$$$$ in N.H. as we have no sales tax or income tax and the state feels that us land barons must pay the motherlode of taxes! Our wonderful new Liberal Governor ran on a eliminate property taxes campaign, funny thing is since he was elected we haven't heard a thing about it! N.H. state motto is ( live free or die ) dont worry about living free or die, the taxes will kill you, yeah I know the free part pertains to freedom which we have less of year by year with all the new Libs taking over the state, N.H. the next vermont!
Old June 7, 2005, 04:03 PM   #7
Little Wolf

Quote:
N.H. the next vermont!
Not if the Free State Project has anything to say about it!
Old June 8, 2005, 08:18 AM   #8
N.H. Yankee

Thats the problem, N.H. keeps getting this national Press about being the most livable state, second healthiest and 4th safest. The Libs who ruined their own states with the dumbass laws they pass favoring criminals and their tax based save the world by giving away$$$$$ programs are running from the hell they created because they can no longer live there. They move to states like N.H., repeat the same mistakes and start all over again, the first thing they do is get themselves elected to town offices and work their way into politics. The natives used to be able to out vote these people but in the last 10 years since N.H. has gotten so much press we are getting outnumbered more and more by the day! Getting back to topic, if you want to shoot indoors there is Wilson Hill pistol club off of Candia rd, I think its lakeshore dr. but not sure, Manchester firing line or range off Brown ave. is indoors there is also Goffstown fish and game club outdoor range off of rt. 114 in Weare.
Old June 12, 2005, 07:21 AM   #9
MicroBalrog

Quote:
Not if the Free State Project has anything to say about it!
You're a member too? GREAT!

You already moved? How is it?

[Just trying to attract attention to the FSP here]
Old June 12, 2005, 02:00 PM   #10
CarbineCaleb

I haven't been to NH ranges, but here is a listing of them:
http://www.packing.org/range/index.jsp?state=NH
Old June 12, 2005, 06:13 PM   #11
Bullrock

Little Wolf, go north young man, go north. North of Concord, that is...You have to be very affluent to live in Southern NH...Of the 3 locations, I'm very partial to Manchester, and I understand there is a nice range out near the airport on Brown Ave...

Ex-MA Hole, over the years I have taken your screen name in vain (minus the Ex) on many ocaissions. Still do from time to time. My appreciation for your good sense of humor...