The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 6, 2015, 11:14 AM   #1
SpookBoy

Ability to paint a speed feed stock?

Hi all. I've recently acquired a h&r pardner pump. I found a "speed feed 4" Stock that I like very much. Except for one thing the hideous color. Before I pull the trigger on this, I'm wondering is there anyway to paint this I just want to paint it basic black but still the principle of it is I'm not putting this ugly green stock on my gun without being able to paint it. Any advice as always is appreciated. I was thinking of using a spray primer and then just giving it the Krylon touch. I could really use some info on this as I'm supposed to be meeting the fellow either today or tomorrow. Here is the link to the ad.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/389934...v-zombie-green

Thanks again for your time.

"Once you familiarize yourself with the chains of bondage , You prepare your own limbs to wear them."
- Abraham Lincoln
Old February 6, 2015, 02:41 PM   #2
hoghunting

Can't see the picture due to their large "permission" square. But if it is a synthetic stock, you can spray it with Krylon with Fusion as it was made for different types of plastics and polymers. Using latex gloves, wipe the stock with acetone, let it dry and spray away. I have a stock I painted 6 years ago that has seen heavy use and the paint has not flaked or faded.
Old February 6, 2015, 04:20 PM   #3
wogpotter

I can't see it either.
If synthetic you're covered by the previous post but as an alternative the spray on truck bed liners, Like "Rhino" do a nice job if you don't mind thinking outside the box a little.

Elderly Hunter: “That's dashed unsporting. Probably Belgium.”
Old February 7, 2015, 08:14 PM   #4
Pahoo

I'll say it's green !!!

Quote:
I can't see it either.
Ignore the window and just scroll down to see why the OP is so concerned.. .

SpookBoy
Man, you weren't kidding when you said green. I expected to see an OD green or close. ...... WOW

Now then, check you home improvement store and look for Rustoleum spray paint, in the can. There are many varieties and look for the one that clearly states that it is good for painting plastics. Yes, by all means, do a primer coat of you choice and do the top coat. I do camo patterns and yes, with time, it will wear. Just repaint. .....

Be Safe !!!