The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old July 22, 2002, 06:29 PM   #1
Drakejake

I Won't do Business with Tom Forrest Inc

From Forrest, Inc., I ordered three Pro Mag mags for my Star pistol. The Forrest employee who took my order told me the mags were of good quality. When the mags came they looked very poor with obvious production defects and irregularities. I was able to insert and remove the first one (unloaded). But the second one (unloaded) got stuck in the pistol and absolutely could not be removed. To get it out I finally had to disassemble the mag and pistol and push the mag out from the top. I never even attempoted to insert the third mag. I didn't load any of the mags and never took them to the firing range.

I promptly returned the three mags to Forrest while complying exactly with their instructions for doing so. I had confirmation from the Post Office that they received the mags on June 23. I have checked several times, including today, and Forrest has not issued me a credit on my Visa. I have sent them several e-mails but have gotten no replies.

Based on my experience, I would tell people that Forrest sells useless, junk merchandise, does not respond to e-mail, and does not handle returns in a prompt and business-like manner. Despite their large ads in Shotgun News, I would recommend that people not buy from them.

Drakejake
Old July 22, 2002, 06:42 PM   #2
AK103K

I had problems with them too. I ordered from them once, and had no problem. The second time was hell. Between so called back orders and delays, about 3 months, I canceled the order. 30 days later, still no credit. Call them up, and get some bull**** story that it takes at least 30 days for CC co. to process the credit. I told them that was crap and to do the credit or I calling everyone I could think of. A week later, the mags show up. They were what I had ordered and I did want them as it was a deal, but what an ordeal. I wont deal with them again.
Old July 22, 2002, 07:22 PM   #3
Wasteofmoney

Strike Three!!

Had ordered some 30 rd. M-1 carbine mags with mag pouches for my father-in-law and they never shipped. Took my credit card order though. Called them up on numerous occasions and finally got them to ship the mags. When they arrived they were in poor condition. Nowhere near the advertised "excellent".

Unfortunately it was a birthday gift and I didn't have time to shop elsewhere for these type mags and my FIL graciously accepted this crap with a grin.

I never did receive the mag pouches. They're still on backorder for the last 5 years. Since it was a combo deal (mags & pouches) they can't figure out a way to refund me for the backordered pouches. They will not come up with a compromise for goods undelivered. Ammo, belts, even bubble gum!!

STAY AWAY FROM THIS POS OUTFIT!!!!!

Old July 22, 2002, 07:24 PM   #4
JohnKSa
Staff

Ditto,

I've ordered a couple of times from them.

Both orders took forever to get here. The M14 mags I ordered were rusty, pitted and full of sand. They were supposed to be used--but not trashed...
Old July 22, 2002, 08:30 PM   #5
Radicalcleric

Maybe they have gone downhill? I bought several items from them in the past and they always shipped right away. One time I sent them a personal check, mailed on Monday, and the item arrived that Friday.
Old July 22, 2002, 09:36 PM   #6
Blackhawk

Never have.

Now I never will.

Thanks.
Old July 22, 2002, 09:44 PM   #7
kstoneking

Thanks for the the heads up gentlemen.

kstoneking
Old July 23, 2002, 12:23 AM   #8
Modifiedbrowning

I ordered some mags for my P99 and P88 from them. The P99 mags are aftermarket standard cap, nowhere near as nice as Mec Gar, but they work. Shipped in about a week. The P88 mags are supposed to be Mec Gar but have been b/o for about a month now.
Old July 23, 2002, 12:12 PM   #9
Flintrock

I order once couple of years ago. Took forever and the mags didn't work. Send them back as per their instructions and never heard a thing. My visa was never credited either.
Old July 23, 2002, 12:35 PM   #10
buzz_knox

Thanks for the warning.
Old July 23, 2002, 02:19 PM   #11
Kirk Keller

For those that are wondering...

their website is www.gunmags.com.
Old July 23, 2002, 04:12 PM   #12
Jason Demond

I have never heard anything good about them.:barf:
Old July 23, 2002, 06:48 PM   #13
C.R.Sam

When ordering by credit card.....as soon as the deal looks to be less than advertised.....get on the horn with the card company and ask for a charge back. If you wait too long you have no viable recourse.

Sam
Old July 23, 2002, 08:54 PM   #14
IRock

Call Visa and tell them to refuse payment. Don't wait.
Old July 26, 2002, 01:54 PM   #15
Dr.Rob
Staff Alumnus

I've never had a problem with Forrest, and Iv'e ordered a LOT of stuff from them. Then again it was all mil-surp mags.

Just FYI
Old July 27, 2002, 04:55 PM   #16
O/U

Thanks for the 411
Old July 29, 2002, 04:43 PM   #17
warrior23

I ordered feather 9mm mags from them too and they wouldnt even hold eight rounds in them I sent them back over 2 months ago still wait for the replacement ones.
Old August 16, 2002, 09:17 AM   #18
Sling Shot

Same here. Forrest Inc. are a bunch of cons in my opinion.

Ordered from them years ago. Ordered NIW preban Colt mags, and I got knockoffs out of wrap with rusted base plates. Mags were also scratched all to hel*. Add insult to injury, they even charged my card $20 more than advertised price. SS

Last edited by Sling Shot; August 16, 2002 at 11:17 AM.
Old August 16, 2002, 10:25 AM   #19
Watch-Six

Several years ago I ordered a mag for a Baby Browning 25. They sent a MecGar and it worked great, so I ordered another one. When I got the package the magazine was smashed flat like it had been run over with a steamroller. Thank you US mail. I sent it back and complained to Forest. They sent me another mag, but it was some off brand POS that never worked right. At least they made some attempt to do right. I felt lucky at that. I later threw the POS mag away. Now I just order direct from MecGar. Their mags have been great. YMMV Watch-Six
Old August 22, 2002, 02:57 PM   #20
FPrice

I have ordered from Tom Forrest several times. Only once did I have a problem, one of the SA 17-rd Browning HP mags which did not fit my gun. Forrest was very good about taking it back and sending me a different style of mag at my request. No refund involved, but quick service.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai
Old August 23, 2002, 10:32 AM   #21

Had many orders filled for milsurp mags and drums without any problems. However, that was about 4 or so years ago...
Old August 30, 2002, 03:52 PM   #22
[email protected]

Lol......
I order 2 mags for my deawoo dp51 from them about 3 yrs ago and I am still waiting
they are a joke !!!!!
i am glad I am not the only one
Closed Thread