The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old June 20, 2015, 01:02 PM   #1
stubbicatt

Where to locate a ball and cap pouch

Guys, I'd like to find (at a reasonable price) a small belt pouch to hold a couple dozen balls and caps. And a flask holder for a belt.

Any good ideas where to locate it?
Old June 20, 2015, 01:34 PM   #2
T. O'Heir

Your local gun shop should have a possibles bag. Don't think you'd want loose cap in it though.
Old June 20, 2015, 01:51 PM   #3
Chris_B

Ask them: http://www.epsaddlery.com/pc-129-4-c...ridge-box.aspx if there's a separate compartment for caps and cartridges; maybe that pouch would work.
Old June 20, 2015, 02:06 PM   #4
Pahoo

Try, IDAHOMIKE

I know what you are looking for and have seen them on EBay. I don't doubt that one of the M/L supply houses, carry them. Also why not contact our old friend IDAHOMIKE. PM him or phone at (559) 974-6815. He makes some pretty neat stuff and I have found him to be reasonable. He's real good at making leather look "bad" ....

Be Safe !!!
Old June 20, 2015, 02:52 PM   #5
roashooter

"TrackoftheWolf.com"
"DixieGunWorks.com"
Old June 20, 2015, 06:07 PM   #6
bedbugbilly

As above ^

Also check eBay.

What your are looking for as far as holding caps is a "cap pouch". Do a search on eBay for "Civil War cap pouch".

A lot of CAS shooters use C & B - search on eBay for "CAS ammo pouch".

There are a wide variety of belt pouches out there . . . you just have to google of the right thing. If your are looking for a military style pouch - you might consider a "Civil War carbine cartridge box". They are not as "tall" as an infantry cartridge box. Most reproductions come with a wood block insert drilled for cartridges. The wood block could be removed and I believe you'd have room enough to carry a flask and a small bag of balls, etc. All depends on what your flask is.

You might also consider just getting a canvas or linen "haversack". These can also be found on eBay. I use an older "tarred haversack" that I've had for years to carry my flask, supplies, etc. when I go to shoot C & B.

Google for "Civil War Sutlers" - most carry pouches, etc. You might also go to the N-SSA site (North-South Skirmish Association) and look for their links to dealers. There are a number of sutlers listed there.

Or . . . . you could make your own!

Good luck in your search - hope you find what you're looking for.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63
Old June 20, 2015, 08:21 PM   #7
gwpercle

Dixie Gun Works has all kinds of neat stuff . I even enjoy reading their catalogs.
Old June 20, 2015, 09:31 PM   #8
stubbicatt

Thanks fellas. I appreciate it.
Old June 21, 2015, 12:25 AM   #9
bungiex88

This is the one I'm looking at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1R2XWQNVNKQIN
Old June 27, 2015, 04:42 PM   #10
robinsroost

Go to : The Muzzleloading Forum, look at their classified section.........Robin