The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 14, 2012, 03:06 AM   #1
XxBulletBendeRxX

ACTIVE brand 20 Gauge Red Hornet shotshell question????

Hello,
I was given a good ammount of 20 gauge shotshells this evening and I have ACTIVE Red Hornets 20 gauge shotshells. Shells are 2 1/2 inch, 7/8 Oz shot, #8 shot, 25 shells to a box. box also says " special dove and target loads" with a small pic of a yellow hornet next to these words.
Does anybody know if these are collectable or sought after? I did a few searches and did not come up with a yes or no answer. Plenty of info reguarding that they are good to reload, can hold up to higher pressure, etc.. If they are sought after and or collectable how much would they be worth per box of 25?
Reason I think they are somewhat special is they have an Old Gemco store price of 4.49 for a box of 25 shells. That seems kinda pricey for shells originally bought sometime in the 80's...

Thanks again in advance to my fellow shooters,
Bullet Bender......