The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old January 5, 2013, 02:50 PM   #26
mr.t7024

Is the 10/22 really worth it?

I suggest you shoulder them all,and I would put into the mix the Marlin Model 60.After you shoulder them you will know which one to pick, You will elated with your choice of the Model 60,. I have two 10-22 collecting dust..., love to get rid of them but can not find a buyer....BTW let us know what you get! Cliff
Old January 5, 2013, 02:55 PM   #27
L_Killkenny

Quote:
I have two 10-22 collecting dust..., love to get rid of them but can not find a buyer...
Personal choice is personal choice but this quote? Either you haven't tried to get rid of them (and I mean not one little tiny bit) or you're full of BS. Why don't you just claim to shoot 1" groups at 500 yards with your 60 while you're at it.
Old January 5, 2013, 03:55 PM   #28
PatientWolf

Sorry Cliff, but I can't believe you have 2 10/22s you can't sell either unless they've been run over by a truck or you are expecting to sell them for more than new. These are great guns and always have buyers.
Old January 5, 2013, 04:10 PM   #29
Metal god

Im looking to get a SS 10/22 do you have one ? and what are you asking for it .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .
Old January 6, 2013, 12:15 AM   #30
Doc TH

In my view, they are worth the few extra dollars. Fact is, we're not talking about a lot of money in the initial sales prices. The Rugers are generally very reliable, and the rotary magazine is likely the best available today. You might argue that the Browning ATD or maybe the TC are better quality SA 22s, but they are significantly pricier. In its general price range the 10-22 is very hard to beat.