The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 6, 2005, 05:44 PM   #1
publius

Charge Bar chart

I have a universal charge bar for a MEC loader. I have lost the powder and shot table which shows the settings for the different powder types and shot weights. If someone has one of these could you please scan and either post it or PM it to me. Thank you.
Old August 7, 2005, 04:19 PM   #2
BILLY D.

go to the mec website. they have downlaodable owners manuals.

HANDLOADS ARE LIKE UNDERWEAR.....BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SWAP WITH.

HAPPY TRAILS, BILL

NRA LIFE MEMBER-1965

THE THREAD KILLER
Old August 7, 2005, 05:07 PM   #3
publius

Thanks Billy, but I have the aftermarket adjustable universal charge bar. The one with 2 dials at each end which determines how much shot or powder is metered through the bar. I have lost the chart that tells where to set the dials for particular loads.
Old August 7, 2005, 06:08 PM   #4
BILLY D.

well i guess we could pull a flanking movemet. do you know who manufactured the charge bar? those places usually have web sites also. run with that and see how far you get. or you are going to have to wait till some kind soul comes on board that has the directions. sorry.

HANDLOADS ARE LIKE UNDERWEAR.....BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SWAP WITH.

HAPPY TRAILS, BILL

NRA LIFE MEMBER-1965

THE THREAD KILLER
Old August 7, 2005, 09:12 PM   #5
CaptainRazor

Not trying to sound smart here, but if you have a set of scales, you really don't need the chart do you?
Unless you're like me, and your scale doesn't go up high enough to weigh out 1ΒΌ ounces of shot.

I think I have one somewhere, I probably have the same aftermarket charge bar that you do, If you don't have any luck finding the info you need, I'll look around and try to find it.

It might take me a few days, but I'll look around if you have no luck before then.
Old August 7, 2005, 09:25 PM   #6
CaptainRazor

publius, PM sent!
Old August 7, 2005, 10:32 PM   #7
publius

Thanks Captain razor, and yes the standard RCBS scale doesnt weigh shot well and is a pain in the posterior to throw powder out of a MEC into the RCBS pan for weighing.
Old August 7, 2005, 11:09 PM   #8
CaptainRazor

Yes, I agree.
I always just used a clean empty hull to throw the charge into, them dump it into the scale pan.
I think the 5-0-5 scale will go up to an ounce, I never used anything lower than 1 1/8th so I had the same problem as you.

Anyway, you troubles will be over soon!