The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old October 6, 2013, 04:21 PM   #1
hermanpj

Anyone recommend an ATV Scabbard for M1A?

Looking for an ATV Scabbard to fit my M1a. Going hunting with it in a month and will be on an ATV. Rifle is a now in a Promag Archangel stock and the scope is on a springfield mount. Its a bit of a high mount (which is why the promag stock helps so much with its click-adjustable cheek piece).

Anyway, wondering if anyone has a recommendation on a hard scabbard for carrying on ATV.
NRA Member|Texas State Rifle Association Member| Texas Concealed Handgun License holder|Springfield M1A Loaded|Kimber Super Carry Pro .45 ACP|Weatherby SA 459 12 ga|Black Rain+Adams Arms Piston AR15|Beretta 92FS| CZ Dan Wesson ECO 9MM| Ruger 10/22
Old October 7, 2013, 06:48 AM   #2
Jmcdaniel0

I do not have an M1A, but this is the scabbard I use.

http://www.amazon.com/byNcStar-Tacti...s=atv+scabbard

It was cheaper when i bought it if you can believe it. I got it so if it got lost on the trail it wasnt a big deal, so far its held up fine.I leave it attached to the molle on my pack, but im sure you could rig it to your atv.
Old October 7, 2013, 03:54 PM   #3
hermanpj

thanks - - i'm looking for the hard plastic kind of scabbard - sorry should have been more clear.

appreciate the recommendation though
NRA Member|Texas State Rifle Association Member| Texas Concealed Handgun License holder|Springfield M1A Loaded|Kimber Super Carry Pro .45 ACP|Weatherby SA 459 12 ga|Black Rain+Adams Arms Piston AR15|Beretta 92FS| CZ Dan Wesson ECO 9MM| Ruger 10/22
Old October 8, 2013, 01:12 PM   #4
Rifleman1776

Mine is a GUNSLINGER mod. #1505 by Plano. Not expensive, very sturdy plastic. Removes from the rack to carry. Can be locked onto the ATV and locked closed for shipping.
I don't know where you ride, but here in the Ozark forests the guys (idiots?) who use the handle bar racks usually destroy their rifle when the try to go between trees. My rack rides on the side and the rifle even weather protected. I like.