The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 29, 2012, 07:49 AM   #51
Mike1234

RE: Ammo Shipments

Is it that no one will ship any ammo to your home or you just can't find a seller of the cheap ammo I mentioned that will ship to your home? I'm not advocating cheap ammo for SD by any means but it's what I have loaded in mine. They cycle the Baikal just fine.
Old January 29, 2012, 01:06 PM   #52
Kimbertron

Quote:
Is it that no one will ship any ammo to your home or you just can't find a seller of the cheap ammo I mentioned that will ship to your home? I'm not advocating cheap ammo for SD by any means but it's what I have loaded in mine. They cycle the Baikal just fine.
I haven't found any online distributor that will ship to Alaska at all.
Old January 29, 2012, 01:16 PM   #53
Mike1234

Wow... I didn't realize shipping to Alaska was such an issue. I understand about deep rural areas though. Perhaps a distributor will agree to ship to a town business? Maybe an individual seller on gunbroker? If you shop regularly at a gun store in town then maybe the owner will agree to accept shipments for you for a small fee... or for free if you're a good customer.
Old January 29, 2012, 01:23 PM   #54
Kimbertron

Quote:
Wow... I didn't realize shipping to Alaska was such an issue. I understand about deep rural areas though. Perhaps a distributor will agree to ship to a town business? Maybe an individual seller on gunbroker? If you shop regularly at a gun store in town then maybe the owner will agree to accept shipments for you for a small fee... or for free if you're a good customer.
There is one shop that is a bit of a drive for me but they have always been very patient and helpful. They don't carry a lot of bulk ammo but I should ask if I could special order it. I have bought 2 guns off them in the past also so they know i am there to give them money usually haha.
Old January 29, 2012, 01:25 PM   #55
Mike1234

Special order or just order it and let it pass through their hands with a small fee. My guess is the latter will be cheaper but ya' never know until ya' ask.
Old January 30, 2012, 04:55 AM   #56
BillCA

Kimber,

I'd try finding either Sellier & Bellot or Fiocchi 12-gauge ammo. It's usually cheaper than most. It normally comes in boxes of 10 shells but some places do have Sellier & Bellot in boxes of 25 shells (yes, of buckshot), instead of 10-rounds.

Item # 61965 Ammo 12 Gauge Sellier & Bellot 2-3/4" #1 Lead Buck 12 Pellets 1214 fps 10 Round Box

Item #34352 Ammo 12 Gauge Fiocchi Buckshot 2-3/4" 00 Buck 9 Pellets 1325 fps 10 Round Box
Old January 30, 2012, 12:27 PM   #57
johnwilliamson062

I ran Fiocchi in a trap gun for a while. Inexpensive and shot well, but it was just as dirty as the "Rio" brand. Probably not much of an issue unless you go to something like a tactical shotgun class or never clean the gun. Might have just been the batch I got also as it was back when everything was hard to find and it may have been all they could get a hold of.

I do have some buck shot I have not fired solely or enough at any one time to notice if it is dirty or not.
Old January 30, 2012, 11:46 PM   #58
Kimbertron

I ran a LOT of Fiocchi 9mm through my glock and liked it so i will have to pit some up. prices have always been good.

-Pax
Old February 15, 2012, 01:18 AM   #59
Kimbertron

You guys rock thanks for all your help! Just got a big case of federal power shock 00 buckshot today. Still injured but got a really good price and they felt good to practice with.

-Pax