The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old April 20, 2010, 03:21 AM   #526
Jermz1987

New member saying hi.

Hey guys new member here. Just wanted to say hi. Ive only been shooting for a couple years now. Just wanted to say hi , Looking forward to being apart of the community, And just to stay on topic. Here are my handguns.

My CZ75b Single Action

My Kahr CW9

My Smith and Wesson 66-3 357

My Taurus M605
Old April 20, 2010, 09:38 AM   #527
HoosierGunClub

New To the Site - Checking In!

Hello Everyone!

I was referred over to this site from another forum and thought that I would signup. I am a born and raised Indiana resident. I love my family and my guns and look to keep both!

I am also the owner/ operator of HoosierGunClub.com and spend most of my "Free Time" browsing forums such as this and meeting new people.

I hope to get involved with your forum and learn something new everyday!
Old April 20, 2010, 02:45 PM   #528
KaosDad

NOVA Reporting in!

Hi All!

I found this forum looking for information on a Mauser WTP I i recently came into posession of.

Looking forward to lot's of learning.

I'm in Ashburn, VA at the moment & "between opportunities" - in otherwords - I'm a bum looking for a gig. I have a Son at VaTech in the NROTC & VTCC and a duaghter in high school.
Old April 20, 2010, 04:11 PM   #529
paul84043

New Member, sort of....

Hello all, I was actually a member of this forum when it was first started forever ago, but it's been a while since I've been here...like maybe about 10 years...can't remember exactly.
Looks like most of the names have changed, but the forum has grown quite a bit...
My interests have not changed, just life getting in the way. A few new acquisitions, the newest being a 8 3/8" S&W 460 Magnum that I promptly blew the scope off of!! Fun Stuff!! Can't wait til I get enough money to buy a better scope!

Cheers to all, I'll be poking around for a while...

Paul
Old April 20, 2010, 05:34 PM   #530
EMN89

New to TFL

i am new to internet forums but not to guns and shooting i am 20 but have been involved with guns since i was nine. I love hunting mainly deer squirrel and groundhogs. I dont have a lot of questions but when i do i hope y'all will be able to help.
Old April 24, 2010, 08:47 AM   #531
X_shooter

Greetings from Michigan

Ooops! I forgot to do this previously.

I am returning to shooting after some time away. Something has motivated my to take the next step to protect my family and am pursuing my CPL. In typical fashion for me, I research the hell out of things and try to educate myself as much as possible. I stumbled across this forum while searching for infomation related to handguns. What a wealth of information.

I am by no means an expert. I grew up in Southeastern Michigan and attended a large urban university so I have a wealth of experience with "situations". I have chosen a more rural approach lately and have been getting back to a more satisfying lifestyle. I have had experience with long arms for 40+ years and handguns for about 25. I think all opinions matter and I will offer my .02. Mostly I 'll just sit back and learn.
Old April 25, 2010, 09:12 AM   #532
VinnieBoomBah

So after months of lurking and getting frustrated over not being able to search I took 42 seconds and joined. Yeah . . . should have done that sooner.

Mostly my interest run to the slightly obscure. I just picked up a scope mount from Mccann Industries for my MAS 49/56, digging it a lot. Also bought one of the Remington 799's from CDNN in 7.62x39 (told ya' I liked the obscure ).
Old April 27, 2010, 04:57 AM   #533
chevy1ton

Howdy everybody from South Arkansas!Got here from another forum.Live in the woods on land my greatgrandaddy bought in 1899,so guns are a everyday thing.Like anything from 22 to 50 BMG.
Old April 28, 2010, 09:48 PM   #534
Young.Gun.612

Hello!

Hi! New here. My name is Collin, and I'm an avid gun enthusiast. Taught to shoot by my Nam vet grandpa at age 4 (photographic evidence exists!), and loved shooting ever since. I currently own a Sigma SW40VE and a Hi Point model JHP .45. Found the website after doing some google searches on my Sigma, and figured he, why not join another forum! I don't really have any knowledge to offer, but I'm full of opinions! And always eager to learn.

Well, that's about it for my intro. Thanks, and I look forward to learning all I can!
Old April 29, 2010, 04:31 AM   #535
Rumpelhardt

Hello from Maine. This looks to be a very nice site. Im looking forward to some nice discussions and info.
Old April 29, 2010, 04:30 PM   #536
wallace11bravo

servus

Name is John Wallace, I am living in the great deutschland right now, but only for a couple more months till i move on to a more exiting part of the world.

Once I finish with all that, I am starting up a low cost training company in Nebraska, check out the link if you are bored

http://sites.google.com/site/midwesttacticalsolutions/
Old April 29, 2010, 07:25 PM   #537
GrailKnight

Hello everyone from NW PA,

Found the site well looking for info on Beretta 92 pistols.
Nice place you have here.
Old April 30, 2010, 03:37 AM   #538
Towboater

Hello

Just found this fourm like to shot and want to learn how to shot long range.
Old May 1, 2010, 01:35 AM   #539
SouthCali

Hello there fellow gun enthusiast, i am new to this site and expect to be visiting/posting and learning much in the coming times. Just wanted to give a quick "howdy."

Seems as if this forum offers a great community and many knowledgeable, friendly posters.

cheers
Old May 3, 2010, 10:30 AM   #540
Eve379

Been reading these forums for a few months now, but somehow never noticed the introduction thread...

Hi.. My name is Eve, and I like guns. I've been around them all my life (my dad likes to think of himself as a collector), but I've only really been interested in them myself for about the past 2 years. I won a trip, and had the opportunity to have an instructor teach me how to shoot sporting clays and that seemed to spark my interest. I've now moved on to handguns, and am currently trying to hoard as much ammunition as possible before the new law here in California takes effect next year. (Thanks a lot Arnold!)

I may not have a lot of knowledge, but I've got tons of enthusiasm!
Old May 3, 2010, 07:11 PM   #541
hnl.flyboy

new member...joined thr and now tfl. i'm an aviation and gun enthusiast. hope to learn a lot here
Keep them all clean.
Old May 6, 2010, 03:20 PM   #542
1-DAB

oops, just found this thread, so this is my nearly first post.

been shooting since i was 5 (that was more than 40 years ago...ugh), due to range limitations, i don't get out as much as i'd like (the NRA range is a 1.5 hour slog thru traffic, but very nice).

shoot semi-auto pistols, revolvers, old, new, as well as bolt action rifles and semi-auto rifles.

here are a few of the stable:

guess i need to get some pix of the rest of the gang some day.

life NRA member.

found this place looking for info on my Woodsman.
Old May 9, 2010, 02:40 PM   #543

Just saying Hi from the UK

Hi guys

I'm new here but a long time shooter and based in the UK- Mostly target stuff but if it goes bang its fine by me. I'm a keen reloader and constant tinkerer, always got some project on the go.

Currently shooting a couple of Savage 12F's in 6br and 6.5x284, .308, .357 lever, .22's and a couple of cap & ball pistols etc.
Old May 13, 2010, 12:23 PM   #544
Sefner

Hi Folks

Grats on the permit! What are you carrying?
Old May 13, 2010, 01:09 PM   #545
NorthernGunParts

New here

Just wanted to say hello.
Am new here, nice to "meet" you all!!!
Come check us out!!!
Old May 13, 2010, 10:38 PM   #546
tweaver

Hi - Just joined

Hi: Just joined this Forum. Just recently got back into target shooting. Its been some years since I was a regular with the hobby. Online forums were not available back then but since they are now and I am familiar with them from some of my other hobbies it seemed natural to jump on a forum like this one.

Looking forward to browsing through the posts and dropping my 2 cents worth on discussions when appropriate.

-tweaver-
Old May 14, 2010, 12:46 PM   #547
Evergreen

Greetings from Oregon

Hi, I just joined and I am happy to be here. I am from Oregon and a bit newer to the shooting world. I own a few different firearms, including ARs, Saigas and a some handguns and revolvers. I have seen this website for a while now and I am happy to partake in the discussion.

Thanks.
Old May 15, 2010, 10:10 AM   #548
OneOver99

Howdy!

I'm a rookie here. Sorry I didnt introduce myself. Click my name for my profile. Great site! Thanks.

From the narrow path,
Len
OneOver99.org - twitter.com/oneover99
Old May 15, 2010, 10:32 AM   #549
Vividia

Hello everyone.

New shooter here, just bought my first handgun - S&W 627-5 for personal defense, target shooting and personal enjoyment.

I look forward to learning a lot from you folks in the years to come!
Old May 20, 2010, 02:37 PM   #550
Steel4Real

New guy here

Hello shooters... I have been an avid shooter since I was sixteen. I started with bolt action hunting rifles, moved to carbines and tactical B/A's, Then semi autos and now I have started learning the revolver.

Soon I will be attending school in Prescott Az. for custom smithing and I am absolutely fascinated with custom modifications and performance enhancements. I am probably one of the FEW Taurus fans on this sight and just picked up an older 2.5" model 605 for hotrodding.

Very glad to have found this sight and I hope I can come up with some interesting posts to contribute to the wealth of brilliant information I have already seen on this forum.

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent