The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 8, 2012, 01:17 AM   #1
Metal god

First 1,000 rounds through my XD9 with out a problem .

Like the title states I just past the thousand round mark with my XD9 . There was not one FTF or feed jam . That thing just keeps on going . I love it

Last time I was out it seemed to shoot to the left a bit though . Never noticed it shooting the 800 rounds before so it may have just been my sight picture for the day . Before I start missing with it I'll shoot it again and I'll have a friend shoot it and see if it does the same thing for him . My guess is , it was me .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .
Old December 8, 2012, 02:06 AM   #2
LockedBreech

The XD9/HS2000 is a sound design. If you dry fire a lot, you may want to replace the top roll pin with a Powder River Precision version. Other than that, a well-designed gun. Glad it's serving well!
Old December 8, 2012, 09:41 AM   #3
zombieslayer

I bought an XD9 service model when they came out, and my friend bought the 5" "tactical". Mine had 5000+ rounds through it with no hiccups when it was stolen (my home was completely burglarized). My friends XD is still going strong.
I replaced mine with an XDM in .40 and that was another awesome gun.
I doubt there's anything wrong with your xd. Go try it again fresh and rested.
Old December 10, 2012, 03:01 PM   #4
new_scopeshooter

Glad you like it!! I have 5500 rounds through my xd9 5inch 1300 rounds through my xd9 4inch and 1000 rounds through my xd45 5inch no problems with any of the 3!!!!
Old December 10, 2012, 03:31 PM   #5
Hammerhead

Congrats on the 1K round mark. Never owned an XD, but every one I tried was a sweet shootin' pistol.

Sometimes lighting will throw your groups to one side or another. The old wisdom was that people tend to shoot towards the sun. That is if the sun is on your left your POI will tend to be to the left of POA. Seems to hold true outdoors with pistols and open sighted rifles.
Old December 10, 2012, 09:16 PM   #6
zombieslayer

Nevermind. Stupid post,
Old December 11, 2012, 08:53 AM   #7
lee n. field

Quote:
Like the title states I just past the thousand round mark with my XD9 . There was not one FTF or feed jam . That thing just keeps on going . I love it
This is worth a separate thread? I mean, "XD keeps shooting"? Yawn. Bo-ring.

( insert big smiley here. The only problems I've ever had with mine was with some handloads. )
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "