The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 17, 2010, 08:41 PM   #1
themayor1073

Ankle Lite holster for Kahr PM9 with laser grip

I have a Kahr PM 9 with Crimson Laser grip that fits over the trigger guard. Unfortunately, this does not allow it to fit into the Galco Ankle Lite AL460 holster. The pistol does not slide into the holster far enough to snap the safety strap. I want to find an ankle lite holster that will work since it is the most comfortable ankle holster I have found. My guess is that a slightly larger ankle lite holster will do the trick. As long as I can snap the safety strap, it should keep the PM9 securely in place.

Any suggestions as to which ankle lite holster will fit the PM9 with Crimson Trace laser grip?
Old March 17, 2010, 10:37 PM   #2
rsxr22

I am not positive they will work but you could research blackhawk, safariland, and uncle mikes
Old March 18, 2010, 07:12 PM   #3
themayor1073

ankle lite holster for Kahr pm9

A person at Optics Planet where I bought the holster suggested an ankle holster by Uncle Mikes. But I may have found an even better solution. A local leather repair place that does lots of leather work for bikers in the area has a custom holster that is a combination holster for a cell phone and pistol. He puts a cell phone holster and a pistol holster on a single piece of leather. The pistol holster part fits inside the waste band and the cell phone holster fits outside the waste band. When a person looks at you all they can see is your cell phone holster on the outside of your pants (just like any belt fitted cell phone holster). The pistol is completely hidden (on the inside of your pants).

Although the Kahr ankle lite holster is extremely comfortable, It would not be practical during the summer when I wear shorts a lot. this holster completely eliminates that problem. Also I can take my pistol to this guy and he can custom make the holster to fit my pistol with the laser grips.

Looks like problem is solved.
Old March 19, 2010, 07:20 PM   #4
rsxr22

i agree with the previous poster. i personally do not like ankle holsters because i feel that the gun is too far away from me. If you look at stats on gun fights, they happen very quick at a very short distance. If i am not carrying iwb/owb i prefer to carry in a 5.11 holster shirt. The shirt fits like under armour and the gun rides a little lower than your arm pit and is set up as a crossdraw. imo it is much more practical