The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting > Bullet Casting

Old May 23, 2015, 07:56 AM   #26
Hunter Customs

Quote:
alrighty. not to bad for a couple hours on the pot and catching up on a season of walking dead.....okay maybe two. I goota admit, loading 665 rounds(yeah, I keep count) of 9mm on a single stage really makes me second guess my stance against getting a progressive.
skizzums, I can relate to what you are saying.
My reloading career started with a Lee hand kit, then to a single stage, then to a turret, then to a progressive.

When I was practicing for and shooting the big Pin matches I was shooting 50,000 rounds of 45 acp a year all loaded on my turret press.
When I got into USPSA/IPSC and Steel shooting I went to a progressive press for loading my 9mm and 40 S&W ammo, kicking out around 600 rounds an hour sure makes a big difference.

I still use my turret press more then any of my other presses.

I just got into casting, I limit it to 45 Colt bullets, I cast indoors in a shop but I smelt outdoors. do it year round as needed, I've also purchased a lot of Colt cast bullets.

Last edited by Hunter Customs; May 23, 2015 at 08:02 AM.
Old May 23, 2015, 02:33 PM   #27
Sure Shot Mc Gee

Although its left unsaid. A few perpetual caster (here) likely sell their bullets to some other business place. Be happy and consider anytime you cast its a fun past time DavidAGO. Not a past time hobby one needs or has too.