The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 9, 2012, 12:21 AM   #1
Proud Poppa

The M&P They SHOULD Make...

Since acquiring my first M&P 40 and my most recent 40c model, I have complete admiration for the M&P line and plan to obtain more in the near future. Recently, I have been enamored by the M&P45c model. In comparisons with my 40 FS and 40c, it seems to fit right in the middle. In fact its on par with the popular Glock 19/23/32 models that are the huge rage among Glock fans and I can see why that they are such the rage. They seem to be the perfect blend of concealability mixed with enough firepower to fight with and still allow for the three finger grip.

Now my M&P 40c has the grip extension that comes on one of the mags and I've ordered more just like it. However it doesn't add to the capacity

Well, in doing a little Google-fu, I ran across Burwell Gunsmithing and found some pics of a chopped M&P

From reading on another forum, I found that the 9 models have 14+1 rounds and the 40'c have 12+1. These are right in that sweet spot for carry size. Man, if S&W would only start producing these! Anyway, just wanted to share. I may get another 40FS and send it off to Burwell to have it chopped

Check them out at: http://burwellguns.com/

Last edited by Proud Poppa; December 9, 2012 at 12:27 AM.
Old December 9, 2012, 06:10 AM   #2
Officer's Match

I like that looks a lot. So did they shorten the FS magazines?
Old December 9, 2012, 09:36 AM   #3
Officer's Match

This has me thinking 'cause I have a line on an unshot full size M&P40 with nightsights for $450, may just have to grab it. Got a few build ideas...
Old December 9, 2012, 11:01 AM   #4
Proud Poppa

Yes. They took the FS mags and cut them down along with taking about 1/2" off the frame. Not sure how he made it work the the backstraps and the little tool though. According to Dan Burwell on M&P Pistol Forum, he doesn't advertise it on his website as its very time consuming. Hopefully that means he'll still do it. We'll see!!!
Old December 9, 2012, 12:10 PM   #5
biggun_

my m&p .40c with xgrip extension and full size mag. 16+1 and still conceals under a t shirt. Love this gun!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (85.4 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by biggun_; December 9, 2012 at 12:15 PM.