The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old December 14, 2009, 05:26 PM   #1
hodaka

Safety Glasses

There was an incident at the range that I wanted to relay. It happened yesterday but with the nonsense going here yesterday I did not want to bring it up. A guy a couple of benches down had a severly blown primer. He was shooting a Remington BDL in 25-06 with Remington FACTORY ammo. The ammo appeared to be new but since I don't use the stuff I would not be certain. It was light green and white boxed. Anyway, he had on glasses but not wrap arounds. He caught a piece of something in his eye and some blood on his cheek. The floor plate was blown out and the bolt was severly ringed and really hard to open. I suggested he contact Remington to see how they would handle the situation. He was headed to the emergency room. You never can tell when an incident will happen. I often leave the glasses on the table but not any longer.