The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old June 21, 2014, 02:11 PM   #1
deerslayerdave

The Bullet works scam

Less than a week ago I ordered 1000 147 9mm bullets from http://www.thebulletworks.net/ today when i opened the box i found another box and inside of that another. To add insult to injury inside the third box was one... single... solitary bullet. I was charged $88.00 and am in the process of reporting it to my credit card company and the bulletworks.net. It could be an honest mistake but why would they bother shipping it in three boxes if that was the case?
Bottom line= stay away from thebulletworks.net!!!
I will report back with the result of this.
Old June 21, 2014, 03:52 PM   #2
Wreck-n-Crew

I have ordered several thousand rounds from them with never an issue as well as a few friends of mine. Just call them and make it right.

I will add that compared to X-tremes they were better quality IMO (not knocking X-treme). No flaws, within .2 gr (most within .1gr) of listed weight with no blemishes and consistent Ogive and seating depths.
Old June 21, 2014, 05:20 PM   #3
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Thread moved to Retail Deals and Feedback. Read forum rules before posting in this thread.
Old June 22, 2014, 11:39 AM   #4
deerslayerdave

Well the company has replied to my messages, on a Sunday at that. As long as they do as they say and send me a replacement order I'll chalk it up to a shipping error.
Old June 22, 2014, 10:46 PM   #5
pete2

I've bought from them several times and will buy more. Never had a problem.
Old June 23, 2014, 02:55 PM   #6
deerslayerdave

The conclusion

When I said "Stay away from bulletworks.net!!" I intended for it to mean until I could report back. As a first time buying experience from them I was afraid it could be a scam however, Ron has responded back to me telling me that another shipment has gone out to replace the one I received. In addition he mentioned that The USPS could likely be to blame as they have had problems in the past. I myself have never had a problem with shipping so that never even occurred to me which was my own stupidity, after opening a nearly empty box I was very upset. I will report back again when the replacement arrives but as long as it does I'd say that thebulletworks.net is a fine place to do business and I will be making future orders.
Old June 23, 2014, 03:05 PM   #7
Claude Clay

my 1st thought was same as Lemmon's followed immediately by -- many time my box has been broken/dropped and even the individual boxes of 500 were broke. by weighing I could tell ~ how much weight was missing and MissouriBullet made good every time. EVEN though it was not their fault.
though they do wrap better now than long ago and I've had -0- trouble for years.

over many decades I have found that gun related business's seem to have the highest positive to deal with of any retail category.

Make a fire for a man and you warm him for the night
Light him on fire and you warm him for the rest of his life