The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old October 10, 2009, 05:14 PM   #1
JarYetz

ROA's spotted, Hamburg PA

Hey fellas, just wanted to inform anyone who's interested that there are 2 ROA's up at the Hamburg, PA Cabelas store.

One is blued at $500 with some use.

One is Stainless at $575 (I think) and looks brand new.

Both appeared to be about a 7'' barrel...but I can't quite remember for sure.

I can't afford em myself, but I still had them get it out so I could finally hold one of these firearms. Talk about a quality difference between these and, say, the Pietta 1858's I have. I can see why everyone makes a big deal about the ROA.
Old October 10, 2009, 06:23 PM   #2
Doc Hoy

Hey JarYetz

Good to read your post again.

I was up in your neck of the woods two weeks ago. Visit some relatives in Pottstown and Reading. We danged near took a trip to that Cabellas.

500 and 575 is a little steep. They have been going for about 450 on Gunbroker. Condition of some of them has been questionable.

Anyway, I have not seen your name on the board for awhile so nice to read it again.
Old October 11, 2009, 07:04 AM   #3
robhof

robhof

Thanks for the info; I had to show my wife, who thinks I paid too much for mine at $250 for a stainless in excellent, maybe unfired a few years ago. I had always wanted one and had a few of the Italians in poor shape, bought cheap at garage sales, for a lot less. I told her that it would increase in value. Now that they stopped making them, they;re like gold. but I still gotta fire mine regularly, as it's toooo much fun.
Old October 11, 2009, 09:09 AM   #4
Doc Hoy

RobHof

That is an outstanding deal.

I bought my first one, also stainless steel with adjustable sights in 1980 at the NATO sporting goods store in Naples, Italy (of all places) for 85 bucks. I think that was just shy of the going rate at that time. That pistol sat in that store for about a year prior to my purchasing it, so there was a year of prices changes that were not reflected in the price. That really did not amount to that much.

I bought my second one (Also S.S. A.S.) on Gunbroker for $395.00 FOB. Like you, I take it shooting every time I go, which is not the case for my other pistols. It is just SO much fun to shoot.

$250 for that pistol!?...You really should be ashamed of yourself for your crime against humanity. For your penance, send me the pistol. Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk