The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old July 4, 2011, 03:08 PM   #1
M4Sherman

William boyd Revolver lamp?

this is a bit unusual but I figured one of you CAS fellows might recognizes this due to its age (circa 1950 from my guess).

My father was in a junk store and found this very unusual lamp and decided to buy it from the fellow for a fair chunk of change and now I am curious as to what the hell it is and if it is worth anything.

It says hoppy above the picture and "williams boyd aladdin hoppy ltd" on the back

Old July 4, 2011, 03:33 PM   #2
Jbar4Ranch

I've never seen one of these, but I've got a buddy who knows everything there is to know about old William Boyd Hopalong Cassidy Alladin lamps.

SASS 47015
Old July 6, 2011, 11:16 AM   #3
EdInk

.....and I know what he said it was worth BUT I'll give you $14 dollars CASH for it RIGHT NOW.
Old July 9, 2011, 07:34 PM   #4
M4Sherman

I am lost someone please explain.
Old July 9, 2011, 07:45 PM   #5
Andy Griffith

That is a Hopalong Cassidy lamp.

The picture of the feller is from the show "Pawn Stars" which is a reality show about people in Las Vegas bringing in valuable stuff and selling it for far less than they could get out of it any other way (or sometimes the lucky people...more) because they are going to go and gamble away the money their folks put into those possessions.

Anyway...

The lamp is neat, but I have no idea what it is worth...if anything or a whole lot. Chances are it might be worth something even if it was mass produced if most of them have been disposed of or cracked and broken or something. If it wasn't mass produced- it still may not be worth anything because few people know about it, or as most of the Hopalong collectors have passed on.

It's a 50/50 shot that it's worth something- better odds than the lottery. However, if it was expensive- there's a small chance the feller he bought it from knew it was worth very little- because the seller was "fishing."
I like it, but I doubt my wife would let me put it in our living space, nor would I want to pay much for it- neat for a reloading room.

There is one just like it on fleabay auction #380302260835 for buy it now for $325. That doesn't mean it's worth that...but there is one priced that. His might be a different variation or something- only a collector would know.

Neat though.

Last edited by Andy Griffith; July 9, 2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old July 11, 2011, 12:16 PM   #6
g.willikers

A little more info, please.
What caliber is it?
.45 Amps or .44 Amps?
Old July 11, 2011, 01:16 PM   #7
Hardcase

Quote:
.45 Amps or .44 Amps?
Watts, I hope!