The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 1, 2004, 08:22 PM   #1
jenn1270

holster for concealed carry

Hey all,

I have a Kahr K9, just got my concealed handgun license, and am looking for a holster. I am about 5 foot 2 and wear jeans and slacks most of the time. I would like something that I could wear comfortably mostly when running errands at night conceal easily...and remove easily to leave in the car if I need to. I would prefer an IWB since most of the time I don't have on a sweater set. Anyway...any ideas are appreciated.

Jenn
Old September 1, 2004, 11:05 PM   #2
JerryM

Jenn,

I think that any of the holster makers can make what you want. Do you have any opportunity to look at various holsters? If they are not uncomfortable, then kydex holsters are very good, and all are relatively easy to put on and remove. Take a look at Blade Tech, Comp Tac for kydex. There are others such as Sidearmor that have good reports. I have Blade Tech and have an order from Comp Tac on the way (but it is a paddle.)

For leather there are several excellent makers.
Among them include Sparks, Brommeland, Alessi, and Del Fatti. There are a few others in that class, and some will no doubt chime in.

Here are some web sites.
http://www.blade-tech.com/frontend?command=Home

http://www.comp-tac.com/

http://www.brommelandgunleather.com/

http://www.delfatti.com/

http://www.miltsparks.com/

Personally, since I wear a shirt tail out I like the Fobus paddle for quick on and off. There will be some bad comments about them and while they are not of the quality of those mentioned above, they work. I have owned several for at least 4 years.

Feel free to ask questions, as there are some experienced people here, and experiences are varied and can be very helpful.

Best,
Jerry
Ecclesiastes 12:13  ¶Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14  For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
Old September 3, 2004, 11:42 AM   #3
Mac Attack

I highly recommend that you take a look at the Milt Sparks VersaMax II holster. Prior to purchasing a VMII, I tried all sorts of IWB holsters from kydex to leather but none really were very comfortable. Then I picked up a VMII aftermarket and was amazed at how much of a difference this holster made. a VMII distributes the weigh of the gun across a wider area that helps with to make the gun feel lighter and helps with printing. I was so happy with my first one that I ordered another one directly from Milt Sparks. It took 3 months exactly for me to receive it but it was the best investment besides a quality belt that I have made.

One tip for you regarding your new CCW. Do not skip on your holster and belt because they can make the world of difference.

Mac
Old September 6, 2004, 05:24 PM   #4
Diggler

Another vote for the Milt Sparks VMII.
Old September 7, 2004, 09:42 AM   #5
Series 70

I recommend the Milt Sparks Watch-Six. Very similar to the VM II, but you don't have the tuckable option. Easily removable with the snap loops. Cheaper than the VM II, also.
Old September 7, 2004, 12:13 PM   #6
Treylis

Yet another vote for a Sparks VM-2. If you don't want to wait for several months, just order from Lightning Arms, they're extremely nice and very fast. I ordered some stuff from them on a late Tuesday afternoon and it was in my hands Thursday morning.

I'm going to buy a Sparks belt when the next paycheck comes... I love my Wilderness, but it doesn't exactly go too well with a suit.
Old September 7, 2004, 12:57 PM   #7
KSFreeman

I use a Kahr P9 as a bug. Wear it off side in a VMII, horse, black for extra tacticality.
Old September 7, 2004, 02:19 PM   #8
Richard

Jenn, I would call Lou Alessi, Ken L Null, ot Tony Kanakry at Milt Sparks. I would ask their opinion as I have no experience with holsters for females. Regards, Richard
Old September 8, 2004, 12:54 AM   #9
lasports

Many women find the Alessi CQC/s to be the ticket to comfortable concealed carry especially where the female anatomy poses certain obstacles.

Regards,

Craig

Purveyor Of Fine Leather Holsters & Accessories
Old September 8, 2004, 10:22 AM   #10
dairycreek

At least two of my grown daughters carry concealed!

Quote:
I would like something that I could wear comfortably mostly when running errands at night conceal easily...and remove easily to leave in the car if I need to.
Both of them like the FIST ultra thin kydex holster with a clip. Easy on and easy off and always secure.

I also have a couple of these holsters and, for the price, are hard to beat. Good shooting