The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 18, 2013, 08:59 AM   #1
Iron Man

Any leads on small pistol primers

I have been looking high and low for small pistol primers. I refuse to pay $200.00 or more for a box of 5,000. Are there any vendors out there not gouging customers?
Old March 18, 2013, 09:04 AM   #2
Magnum Wheel Man

I picked up 8 boxes of CCI at Cabela's a few weeks ago, 1st thing in the morning on like Tuesday ( they restock at night ) this was at their standard "pre hype" pricing... I was just at my local store again on Sunday afternoon, & they had both Remington & CCI large pistol primers ( which I didn't need any of that size ) but it's the 1st time I've seen Remington primers on the shelf since this latest craziness started...
Old March 18, 2013, 06:16 PM   #3
reload

I recently got 5000 CCI SPP from MidwayUSA at a good price, about $28/1000. Was signed up to get notified when in stock. Have to be quick when notified, they sold out fast.
Old March 18, 2013, 06:24 PM   #4
m&p45acp10+1

I stubled into a 1K box at Cabella's yesterday. I was there for something else. When I saw them I bought them. I usualy load all my small pistol loads with small rifle primers. I am getting low on rifle primers so I will load the pistol load with the SPP for the time being to stretch my rifle priemrs out a bit longer.
Old March 18, 2013, 07:14 PM   #5
coldbeer

I'm like you, I like to buy small amounts of components because I just don't have alot of money to spend. Luckily I've had good luck finding reloading components at the samaller mom and pop gun stores and that goes for ammo too. The bigger stores like Gander mountain haven't had anything new in months. Cabelas gets new stock frequently but they sell out as fast as they can stock their shelves so you have to get lucky.