The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old October 9, 2010, 11:45 AM   #1
WAYNE2247

Gun purchase

Has anyone done business with Bud's Gun Shop online??? and how long did it take to get your weapon???.. I orderd a weapon the first of Oct and asto present date and time it has'nt lift the plant yet!!! I live in a state where you can goto a shop and purchase a weapon do a background check and walk out with the weapon the same hour... I think it is way beyound poor, the delay this process has taken with this online gun shop!!!! any input ????
Old October 9, 2010, 12:35 PM   #2
dogtown tom

Quote:
WAYNE2247 Has anyone done business with Bud's Gun Shop online??? and how long did it take to get your weapon???.. I orderd a weapon the first of Oct and asto present date and time it has'nt lift the plant yet!!! I live in a state where you can goto a shop and purchase a weapon do a background check and walk out with the weapon the same hour... I think it is way beyound poor, the delay this process has taken with this online gun shop!!!! any input ????
Wow! Seven whole days.
I've transferred hundreds of Bud's firearms to my customers without a single problem.

If you wanted immediate satisfaction why did you not buy from your local gun store? (because Bud's was waaaaay cheaper, right?)

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old October 9, 2010, 01:02 PM   #3
WC145

I've bought several handguns from Bud's, new and used, and never had a problem. A little time for shipping and handling is to be expected just like buying anything else on line. Also, they ship the least expensive way, how else do you think they can include it in their already very low prices?

Like dogtown said, if you wanted the gun immediately you should have bought locally.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - LtCol Jeff Cooper
Old October 9, 2010, 03:47 PM   #4
oneounceload

Quote:
If you wanted immediate satisfaction why did you not buy from your local gun store? (because Bud's was waaaaay cheaper, right?)
BINGO!

Whah, I saved 10 bucks and I want it yesterday - typical complaint

Considering two of the last days were the WEEKEND......gee.....:barf:
Old October 10, 2010, 05:56 AM   #5
1911rocks

Total Cost of Purchase

OK, I know this sounds pretty nerdy/anal, but, when I purchase anything and seeing a possible online vendor (antiques and "only one like it on the planet" items) I take the wait time (at 8hr/day) and multiply it by the prevailing minimum wage. If I'm not saving that much I buy it locally. First at a Mom & Pops place then a Corporate store. A friend uses his hourly wage times the 8hr/day time frame........he always buys locally. FWIW, I have a local gunstore that I have had excellent results from. I take my Iphone in to his store. I browse to Gunbroker, Guns America, Midway, etc. I show the owner the item and usually I have it in 1-2 business days tops. You see as a Gun Store owner has a huge "database". People come in and want to trade, or sell, or get a price estimate on a gun they want to sell.
I tried this same approach with another Gun store. He told me essentially, Poke it up your Liberal".....he went out of business after about 1yr.
Old October 10, 2010, 08:03 AM   #6
rshanneck2002

its been my exsperience that buying off the internet, paying someone with an FFL to do the transfer and most places do charge shipping,well, your back to the same pricew buying at you local yocal gun shop in most cases.