The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 25, 2001, 07:25 AM   #1
DOCSpanky

I am about to begin my first batch of shells on a progressive, 9000g, how should I clean the hulls to assure trouble free operation?
Old March 25, 2001, 08:31 AM   #2
maxwayne

Most people dont clean shotgun shells. Those that do put them in a bag of some sort and put them in the washer when their wife isnt around. Just make sure that they get dried out well before you reload them.
Old March 25, 2001, 10:39 AM   #3
Southla1
Member In Memoriam

If you put them in the washer make sure they are the compression type all plastic hulls. If they are the old paper base type it will ruin them.
Old March 25, 2001, 08:44 PM   #4
dick w. holliday

the only time i have washed hulls in the past was when they had been wet and had sand on them and the brass part had light rust--if they are just going from my o/u to my shell pouch i would never wash any. if you scrounge garbage cans at the range like i do you may find some that need a wash to get the coca cola off them. i can't stand sticky hulls...Dick