The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old November 19, 2008, 09:59 PM   #1
Gun 4 Fun

staying logged on

Why does this site keep logging me out? If I find a thread that interests me, by the time I can read the tags and post one of my own, when I hit the post button the message comes up that I'm not logged on. And yes, I always log on first. After I go back and log back in my tag is gone 90% of the time.
Old November 19, 2008, 11:23 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

You need to check off the "Remember me" box when you login if you will be having fairly long idle periods as you described. You still get autologged off after a 20 minute period is you have done nothing visible to the system, but you also get autologged in when you come back from composing a post, etc.
Old December 3, 2008, 02:43 AM   #3
Gun 4 Fun

Gee whiz- I'm sorry Mal H, I even forgot I asked this, since I didn't see any responce anywhere. I never thought to look here. I'm also really new to the net and computers. I just expected one of you Mods. would e-mail me or pm me . Again, sorry to be so slow at saying thanks.

Last edited by Gun 4 Fun; December 3, 2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old December 3, 2008, 10:29 AM   #4
Mal H
Staff

No problem. When questions are asked in the public forums, they are usually answered publicly also. Quite often, the question/answer affects more members than just the original poster. For instance, your question here is fairly common and the more people with the same problem that happened to read the answer, the less problems we have.