The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 7, 2009, 10:17 PM   #1
kx592

add on's for the 590a1

I currently purchased a new 590a1 and love it..Its primary purpose is HD so i would like to get a flash light attachment. whats my options for one?
Old October 7, 2009, 10:21 PM   #2
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

http://www.candewman.com/
This guy is a member here. I have no idea of his products or even integrity... Just seen his posts. I think the lights are all sold seperate but you likely knew that...
Brent
Old October 8, 2009, 08:06 AM   #3
kx592

the site is very difficult to use, doesnt look like he has more than clamps..Im looking for a flashlight that i can be able to keep off and quickly turn on as i approach a target when needed so i do not give away position or give an intruder something to aim at
Old October 8, 2009, 08:26 AM   #4
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

The stream light and other names that escape me have or can be fitted with a pressure switch.
The mounts are for those lights... I was just trying to help you cover the mount issue...
Start a thread here about the lights as many folks will pass the "add on's threads like the plague.
Brent
Old October 8, 2009, 08:28 AM   #5
WJR

I am in the process of doing the same thing and I have settled on buying a Mako Forend to attach a light to my 590A1.

I have not found any clamps that appeal to me and candewman has not come out with his clamp as of yet that is specific to the 590.

WJR
Old October 8, 2009, 08:29 AM   #6
Lee Lapin

http://www.opticsplanet.net/streamli...unt-69901.html

This one works on any design that has enough magazine tube exposed in front of the forearm for it to fit. I've used it on a couple of different pumpguns and been happy with it. The last light I put on one of these was the new TLR-3, a compact one-cell pistol light ( http://www.opticsplanet.net/streamli...r-3-69220.html ). It makes for a very light weight and yet adequately powerful combination, and the fact that it's an LED light means it'll handle shotgun recoil better.

Since I'm right handed, I like to tuck the light up on the left side of the gun with the rocker switch easy to hand for the support hand thumb to manipulate.

hth,

lpl

Attitude and skill will get you through times of no gear, better than gear will get you through times of no attitude and no skill.

Last edited by Lee Lapin; October 8, 2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old October 8, 2009, 08:29 AM   #7
kx592

Ohhh ok i was jumping the gun looking for a whole package deal and be done with it. ok ill look again.