The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 10, 1999, 09:13 PM   #1
Trent

I just recently purchased a Charles Daly over and under Model Feild III, I cant find any info on the gun. It has fixed chokes and a 26 inch barrel. I'd like to know what its worth, and any other info!
Old October 11, 1999, 08:03 AM   #2
fal308
Staff Alumnus

Not at home right now but will look it up then. Meanwhile you might want to post this to Harley's forum. He is very knowledgeable.
Old October 11, 1999, 10:16 AM   #3
fal308
Staff Alumnus

The Charles Daly Over/Unders are a boxlock action with 26", 28" and 30" barrels with ventilated ribs. Various choke combinations were offered with single selective triggers and automatic ejectors. Blued with checkered walnut stocks. The differences between the grades are the degree and quality of the engraving and the grade of walnut used for the stock. The smaller-bore weapons bring a premium. mfgrd between 1963 and 1976 by B.C.Miroku. The grades appear to be Venture Grade, Venture Grade Skeet or Trap, Field Grade, Superior Grade, Superior Grade Trap, Diamond Grade and Diamond Grade Trap or Skeet.
As to pricing, I can't help much there as my references are somewhat dated.